Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2020: Stage 5 (Huesca - Sabiñanigo, 181.4 km)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't think you can say the gaps were 100% not a result of the crash because without it you'd have had riders bridging that space and they'd probably all come in @ .st

Can see an argument either way.
Rewound back to the replay and I disagree. Roglic and Grosschartner were leading from the GC guys and were already putting a gap into Carapaz and Mas who were several riders ahead of Martin when he crashed.

Martin is a bit down when it happens. I'd say from Roux down are who are affected by the crash. Ahead of him those guys were not affected by it

Reactions: Luthor
Rewound back to the replay and I disagree. Roglic and Grosschartner were leading from the GC guys and were already putting a gap into Carapaz and Mas who were several riders ahead of Martin when he crashed
What I mean is I think you'd have had riders like Martin bridging that gap and ended up not having space for an official timegap.

Doesn't really matter given how small they were I suppose.

Oct 2, 2020
I don’t know how you regulate Roglic here, but I don’t see how you give him a 4 second gap when he caused the crash that killed the momentum. I’d give em all the same time.
Yes, it looks like the crash started at the very front of the group (before there were any gaps), and so it would seem fair to give everyone in that big group the same time as Roglic.

Reactions: perico
Looking at the results, Martin and all the other riders ended up losing a crapload of time on the favorites- 2 minutes. Just put the main group at the same time. Probably not fair to all the riders who gained time on those unaffected but what else can you do?

Reactions: richwallone
I think it should have been Roglic/Grosschartner with their gap and the rest at 2.17. I think no crash there's a gap there
Yes, you may think that, but we have no way to be certain. Fact is that everyone except the first 4 riders lost momentum due to the crash. It would be unfair for them to lose 4 seconds as they had no chance to avoid that time loss.

Yes, you may think that, but we have no way to be certain. Fact is that everyone except the first 4 riders lost momentum due to the crash. It would be unfair for them to lose 4 seconds as they had no chance to avoid that time loss.
Roglic doesn't need 4 seconds to win this Vuelta. He's stronger. Tomorrow & the following two weeks will shows this.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts