• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2020: Stage 9 (B.M. Cid Campeador. Castrillo del Val > Aguilar de Campoo, 157,7 km)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Messy sprint. Ackermann doesn't have it at all, think Thijssen even beat him.

yep, I’m a bit concerned that he’s got his prep all wrong. He sounded very confident before the Vuelta and even after the first sprint. That’s got to be pretty demoralising: a drag race with Bennett and he just got soundly beaten. If he doesn’t find something extra soon, the Vuelta sprints could end up as predictable as the Giro ones.

yep, I’m a bit concerned that he’s got his prep all wrong. He sounded very confident before the Vuelta and even after the first sprint. That’s got to be pretty demoralising: a completely straight drag race with Bennett and he just got soundly beaten. If he doesn’t find something extra soon, the Vuelta sprints could end up as predictable as the Giro ones.
I mean, we only have one proper sprint to go (if the Madrid authorities even allow it). Tomorrow is the all kinds of riders up front kind of day, like the stage Carapaz won at the Giro last year.

TRENDING THREADS