• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2021: Stage 14 (Don Benito - Pico Villuercas, 165.7 km)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I can understand having problems with the GPS time gaps from time to time, especially at the end. But having a helicopter/drone filming Lopez but refusing to zoom out to give uns any indication what the gap is is infuriating. Same for the use of the stationary cameras at the end of stages. You have cameras covering about 20m of the street and guys coming in with 40kmh+. Of course it'll just result in hectic camera switching, who actually thinks this style of coverage is useful?

I can understand having problems with the GPS time gaps from time to time, especially at the end. But having a helicopter/drone filming Lopez but refusing to zoom out to give uns any indication what the gap is is infuriating. Same for the use of the stationary cameras at the end of stages. You have cameras covering about 20m of the street and guys coming in with 40kmh+. Of course it'll just result in hectic camera switching, who actually thinks this style of coverage is useful?
Spanish broadcasting directors who have a screwy personal aesthetic?

Reactions: Koronin
Better don't get too tired and lean back.

j2BX3tfa_D2e1B4V

Looks like they bought their chairs at the lokal IKEA.

• Haha
Reactions: Tricycle Rider
While I think it's cool that the Vuelta has an award for the best Spanish rider, I've got a pretty revolutionary idea, so hear me out. Maybe we could also have an award for the rider who showed the most, I dunno, panache, who showed the most spirit, the most... what's the word?... right, combativity.

(no but seriously at this point why not just add an award for Spanish rider of the day or something, it'd be fun, nobody would mind, and you wouldn't have to cannibalize another award to do it)

While I think it's cool that the Vuelta has an award for the best Spanish rider, I've got a pretty revolutionary idea, so hear me out. Maybe we could also have an award for the rider who showed the most, I dunno, panache, who showed the most spirit, the most... what's the word?... right, combativity.

(no but seriously at this point why not just add an award for Spanish rider of the day or something, it'd be fun, nobody would mind, and you wouldn't have to cannibalize another award to do it)

I agree. I don't think anyone would mind if they did do an award for Best Spanish rider and stop hijacking the combativity award. However, that award has been hijacked by the race for years. There have been times Movistar has scratched their heads on how one of their riders managed to get that award and yes that has happened.

Maybe we should petition them to create an award for best Spanish rider of the day or something?

• Sad
Reactions: Sandisfan
To me it looks like they have people that actually don't know anything about cycling doing this. It is very strange to be this bad unless you don't know what you are doing. And everyday!

Congratulations to Romain Bardet for taking the stage win.

Not much GC action but nice to see Roglič has a team. Not sure who chased down López at the end but i was a bit worried he could gain much more seconds then he did. Bernal and Mas holding on at the very end is an interesting one. Could indicate Roglič might not have had the best day or more likely he left something in the tank for tomorrow.

Reactions: Carols and SHAD0W93
To me it looks like they have people that actually don't know anything about cycling doing this. It is very strange to be this bad unless you don't know what you are doing. And everyday!
I don't know if it has changed from recent years, but I recall it was a poll open to anyone who would bother to participate. I can't remember if it was somewhere like facebook or wherever but it was announced on the local TV signal. I don't recall ever seing that in the international TV signal, so that explains most of the bias. On top of that, the poll closed something like 20 km before the stage finish, so anything that happens after that time becomes irrelevant.

Reactions: Escarabajo

TRENDING THREADS