• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2021: Stage 6 (Requena - Montaña de Cullera, 158.3 km)

Another flat day, with the exception of the hill used for the finish.

ecd28

497ed

The final climb is identical to the one used in the 2020 Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana, which saw Tadej Pogacar besting Alejandro Valverde - Movistar may well decide this is the day they chase down the breakaway. It matches the first 2.2 kilometres of the profile below.

BolaDeCullera.gif

Tomorrow we will know if TJV is really weak or it was just an accident on Picon Blanco. This is a very good stage for Roglic and probably red jersey through bonus seconds. But if they are weak they will just let the breakaway go. Trek would definitely not work.

Tomorrow we will know if TJV is really weak or it was just an accident on Picon Blanco. This is a very good stage for Roglic and probably red jersey through bonus seconds. But if they are weak they will just let the breakaway go. Trek would definitely not work.
Roglic deliberately let the jersey on stage 2, why the hell would he want it now? He'll have it already at stage 7, or at Velefique. He won't force his team to chase I think, of course he will sprint for the win if all comes together at the end...

Roglic deliberately let the jersey on stage 2, why the hell would he want it now? He'll have it already at stage 7, or at Velefique. He won't force his team to chase I think, of course he will sprint for the win if all comes together at the end...
He doesn't want red, but I don't see Elissonde competing for it if peloton comes together. If he wins, Elissonde needs to come 2nd to keep the jersey. If this was the TJV from TDF they would go for it to get Roglic even more bonus seconds and a stage win. If Roglic's form is good they should try to get him more seconds. I'm not saying they should pull alone but giving a hand to another team like Movistar/Astana. Otherwise that team would just give up if the breakaway is decent. Playing defensive in the first week might bite him in the 3rd week. It already happened last year.

I can see Movistar interested in chasing it but would they pull all day long if they don't get any help from any others? Doubtful. They know that even while Valverde has a good chance there is also the risk that Roglic would get more seconds against Mas/Lopez.

Last edited: