• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2022, stage 13: Ronda - Montilla, 168.4k

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He’s not going to beat Mads, Coquard, Ackermann and others on a less steep finish than stage 4.
Totally correct IMO. He was in good position with his guys when VanBarle dropped his chain and the field had to avoid what could have been a massive wreck on that left turn. Primoz's leadout was strong but had to go from 1km because the opening that appeared along the barriers was their best shot. It was too early and Pederson kept his cool. No one was denying Mads that well-earned win and Primoz got stuffed along the fence when it appeared a Boro guy shut down. You can only fight so many sprint battles on a hill that had as many guys left at that point.

You have never not noticed a thread? In the 13 years of the forum's existence?

I have never missed the existence of a thread, and then gone on to make my own dublicate thread.

Thank you. Clearly I didn't miss the thread she speaks of either, given that I had been posting in it.

And I have most certainly never missed a recent thread so epically, I missed my own posts in it! :p

If you look at the top 20 in the green jersey competition of the TdF, I believe Mads Pedersen and van Poppel are the only riders who are also riding in the Vuelta. Despite the Vuelta being much more sprinter friendly than the Tour this year.

How is it sprinter friendly? There were the two Dutch stages, equivalent to the two Danish stages. Then you have Madrid, equivalent to Paris. Today was equivalent to Cahors. Then I guess maybe stage 7 here was slightly easier than stage 13 in the Tour (neither ended in a sprint, though), and stage 16 here is probably easier than stage 15 in the Tour but has a harder finish.

But it seems really, really similar to me.

Even though the Tour also had stages 4 and 5 which could end in some sort of sprint.

Reactions: Sandisfan