• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2022, stage 15: Martos - Sierra Nevada. Alto Hoya de la Mora. Monachil, 152.6k

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So one bad day (hopefully) and everybody thinks they will attack him on the steep parts?
The same steep parts where he dropped everyone on Les Praeres
When he's struggling offcourse that's the hardest part, but if he's better again tomorrow I can see him defend just fine against Roglic

Sierra Nevada will be a stressy one as a Belgian, hope he can find his dominant legs again

You get things like this every time the best rider (so far) is dropped. Last year there were some people saying that the Tour may not be over because Vingegaard dropped Pog on Ventoux. Only normal to be even more so with Remco as his endurance over 3 weeks was always a queseion mark.

Most of these remain wishful thinking though. you should be mostly stressed about Hazallanas. If he gets over with the best, they will hardly drop him

Reactions: Didinho
Stomp incoming. Evenepoel won‘t be able to stick with Roglič. Half the forum will scream at Mas to take a pull when he‘s clearly unable to. Superman to use his superhero powers to resist the stomp and attack at altitude. Riders who won‘t be at the front: Froome, Julius Johansen, Shark, Padun, Valverde, Landani. This post to age badly like no post has ever before. It has been written.

Remco himself stated that he sped up when roglic went and he blew up a bit, that costed him a fair amount of time. He thought that if he didn't do that he might have lost 15-20seconds less.
Not sure if the time concept from him is correct, but it would indicate that he will probably pick his own pace sooner on this stage if he doesn't have the legs.
So if roglic attacks early, it might become an hour looking at GPS times
Hindsight is always 20/20!!!

There's no way in the world he knows that for sure, since that scenario
never happened to him before.

But then, tomorrow he'll have a chance to prove it right.

Roglic, Lopez, Rodriguez, and Mas, they all smell blood, and they will
go for the kill.

Tomorrow he'll find out if that line of reasoning is correct.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I know who I'm hoping for, but it's probably too much to ask.
Me too :).

The breakaway will need to build a very big lead and have several very good climbers in it: a single guy won't stand a chance and withstand what can be a 13 km mountain ITT between the GC guys.

After today, Primoz must be thinking that he has a shot at turning the tables on Remco. He has the perfect opportunity to do so, the other riders know it and they will watch him. When Rog attacks, they will go from there. Mas can solidify his podium spot.

Tough one for a break: you need 5+ minutes at the top of the Alto del Purche: the GC group will ride it hard to dent the opponents or maybe just get cues. QS and JV will flex their muscles...who will flinch? Later, the break has to have 2:30" with 15 km to go with at least two strong climbers working together.

Vai Vincenzo! Allez Thibaut!

Likely fast paced stage. If there would be a strong breakaway maybe to try to put Harper in it. Dennis to drill it on penultimate climb. Some care needed on all descends from this point on. On ultimate climb attacks will likely come early. If Roglič will have good legs then to cooperate with cyclist such as Mas or López. Not being afraid to do the pull and to stay in group. Until that makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: acm and Sandisfan
Tomorrow, most eyes will be on the story of passion, betrayal, truth and love between Remco and Roglic. But spare a thought for Lopez. He's currently in 6th place in gc. 3rd, 4th and 5th places are occupied by Spaniards. Lopez needs to get in amongst them and put the fear of Superman in them.
My unpassionate opinion as well. I posted this on the Stage 14 and copied to save time rethinking what could be IMO:

I wouldn't discount him (Mas) at all. He has been a dieselclimber like most Spanish fans have noted and, if not stressed by climbs before the last big one he could be serious trouble for the other GC guys. The uncertainty for the top three is that is uncharted territory for each of them based on current history. Remco's new to this and his team is not drilled to deal with his leadership role. Primoz is a form Sphinx and that messes with everyone's willingness to get aggressive if they're truly a contender. Mas has to only think of this last stage where trying to stay on Roglic's wheel hurt him.
It should be an "epic" stage but the outcome could surprise us all. At least we know Carapaz is tired.

Hindsight is always 20/20!!!

There's no way in the world he knows that for sure, since that scenario
never happened to him before.

But then, tomorrow he'll have a chance to prove it right.

Roglic, Lopez, Rodriguez, and Mas, they all smell blood, and they will
go for the kill.

Tomorrow he'll find out if that line of reasoning is correct.
Maybe he can't know for sure, but there was a moment there where he was getting passed at speed by everyone, then he pulled it together when ayuso passed him again after a mechanical. I imagine that was when his body was recovering after dipping too far in the red. At that moment it looked like he was going to practically fall off the mountain. Once he recovered he didn't really lose any more time

TRENDING THREADS