• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2022, stage 15: Martos - Sierra Nevada. Alto Hoya de la Mora. Monachil, 152.6k

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mas sucking wheel is also the only way for him to win anything, so why is it okay for the entire forum to be critical of him 100% of the time? Why does any rider ever suck wheel other than trying to keep himself in contention? Hypocricy is off the charts here. And the point was not that Roglic didn't help, it was that he did not help and then fired a cheap shot at 1500m from the finish. Either would have been cool, but in combination to me it shows little class. No need to re-open up the discussion, i'm sure what you would want to respond has already been said by others in the previous pages.

I'm sure about that too, but just in case it hasn't, I guess it can be summed up to this:

Mas is a jerk. Roglic isn't.

Reading up on the last 48 hrs worth of posts in this thread, I come to the following revelation:

In the 2010s we had LaFlo ferociously defending everything concerning AC.
In the 2020s we have a carbon copy with Logic concerning everything RE.

So my question is: Are we sure they are not the same person?

Last edited:
In the 2010s we had LaFlo ferociously defending everything concerning AC. In the 2020s we have a carbon copy with Logic concerning RE.

Are we sure they are not the same person?
You must have a very narrow attention span or suffer from selective memory. In this topic i called Evenepoel a dumbass. And i have critcized him and his team many times before, to the point i even got a haterant by some dude that's not even a fan of his, lol.

I could have sworn that Roglic paced the bottom, steep part of the climb trying to break the group - People see what that they want.
Logic and others aren’t talking about that point though. They’re referring to the 15km that Quickstep and Evenepoel rode tempo at the part of the climb it’s easier to recover in the slipstream of others. 15 km > 1-2 km.

Logic and others aren’t talking about that point though. They’re referring to the 15km that Quickstep and Evenepoel rode tempo at the part of the climb it’s easier to recover in the slipstream of others. 15 km > 1-2 km.

It's all relevant - It's around a 20km climb with the steepest parts at the beginning - Reading posts once would think it's an 11 or 12 km climb. Lets give the climb it's full context and not samples which suit a narrative.

Reactions: CyclistAbi
It's all relevant - It's around a 20km climb with the steepest parts at the beginning - Reading posts once would think it's an 11 or 12 km climb. Lets give the climb it's full context and not samples which suit a narrative.
And context was shown that Roglic couldn’t drop Evenepoel until he smartly recovered on his wheel while Evenepoel did all of the work.

And context was shown that Roglic couldn’t drop Evenepoel until he smartly recovered on his wheel while Evenepoel did all of the work.

Smartly you say. We can i guess live with that. Take it as Rogla listening to Lefevere. His pledge to go easy on the kid. It's not the first time Rogla proved to be a good mentor. Imagine Evenepoel would let Pogi. To ride smartly on his back wheel. On how that would end up.

Evenepoel in the end should thank Rogla for being a good mentor.

Smartly you say. We can i guess live with that. Take it as Rogla listening to Lefevere. His pledge to go easy on the kid. It's not the first time Rogla proved to be a good mentor. Imagine Evenepoel would let Pogi. To ride smartly on his back wheel. On how that would end up.

Evenepoel in the end should thank Rogla for being a good mentor.

Those are indeed English words.

That was an all out attack with a team lead out to boot, trying to drop Evenepoel. Surely you can see the difference.

A team attack where Dennis and Oomen who dropped back from the break couldn't even last one kilometre. - In a perfect world the break would have been given more time, so that Dennis and Oomen could have worked for Roglic after the 4km steep section, especially if Roglic had got a gap - Anyway the strangest thing is that cycling is only a team sport when its suits a specific narrative.

A team attack where Dennis and Oomen who dropped back from the break couldn't even last one kilometre. - In a perfect world the break would have been given more time, so that Dennis and Oomen could have worked for Roglic after the 4km steep section, especially if Roglic had got a gap - Anyway the strangest thing is that cycling is only a team sport when its suits a specific narrative.
WTF are you talking about, lol.
Placing an attack to drop your rivals is not the same thing as pacing your rivals for 15km. You DO see the difference, don't you?

WTF are you talking about, lol.
Placing an attack to drop your rivals is not the same thing as pacing your rivals for 15km. You DO see the difference, don't you?

I can see the difference - Roglic paced hard to drop the peleton - Remco paced to ensure he could not be attacked by the peleton - They both paced in different ways and had different aims - Roglic is initially riding in an attacking fashion and then he went defensive - Ths is bike racing.

Last edited:
I can see the difference - Roglic paced hard to drop the peleton - Remco paced to ensure he could not be attacked by the peleton - They both paced in different ways and had different aims - Roglic is initially riding in an attacking fashion and then he went decisive - Ths is bike racing.
This is bike racing and this is not the point of what was being discussed. One was an attack on a rival, you understand that same rival is not going to support you in doing that? Yes? The other was a 15k pace where it was beneficial to ride in the wheel and share the load, when a third common rival attacked both.

TRENDING THREADS