• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2022, stage 18: Trujillo - Alto de Piornal, 192.0k

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The difference between Almeida and group red is probably a lot smaller. Soler might be 40 seconds ahead, but the last rider isn't. It will be mano a mano on the final climb, so the only thing UAE managed to accomplish is that they eliminated Almeida.

They made it a hard race. Obviously not worth it for them, but we might actually get to see some real action on the final climb because of it

Eh, in this case, Almeida was only a threat to Superman Lopez and Carlos Rodriguez. Why would they alternate attacks if they need to attack each other?

No, it was a general remark: I wish teams would show the same determination to go on bold attacks, and that for instance rivals work together, attacking the leader 1-2-3, going for a possible (more surprising) win. Instead they often only show this determination to save a 5th, 6th place, which is understandable, that the teams and riders care about that... but as a viewer I don't... I want to see a wild battle for the win.

Reactions: noob