• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2024, stage 12: Ourense - Estación de Montaña de Manzaneda, 137.4k

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Beautiful seeing how much the win meant to the team and Castrillo. Especially as it was largely due to the WT riders ****ing about, trying to be clever. Seems so rare that a victory like this seems to happen in GTs these days?
Great stuff—really happy for Kern Pharma who already had shown more aggression than most pro-conti teams in GTs these past few yrs.

Beautiful seeing how much the win meant to the team and Castrillo. Especially as it was largely due to the WT riders ****ing about, trying to be clever. Seems so rare that a victory like this seems to happen in GTs these days?
Most likely the emotions come from the passing of Manolo Azcona, who died this week. He was the big man behind the team. All the way from a minuscule team called AD Galibier, to the famous Lizarte school and which would eventually become Kern Pharma. The team that has launched so many careers, including Castrillo and Soler and, to some extend, Carapaz.

Most likely the emotions come from the passing of Manolo Azcona, who died this week. He was the big man behind the team. All the way from a minuscule team called AD Galibier, to the famous Lizarte school and which would eventually become Kern Pharma. The team that has launched so many careers, including Castrillo and Soler and, to some extend, Carapaz.
I think he even died today (or maybe yesterday) as there was a minute's silence in his honour at the start of the stage.

At least the last 7 km are relatively hard and last 2 km enough to do a bit of a different. Will definitely see more than yesterday, thats too pessimistic of a take I think, Netserk. It is a MTF after all with decent gradients towards the end. Could see Ben lose 10-20, but nothing major will happen.. and then I agree with you: WVA for the win!
man screw you guys for me getting my hopes up today:tearsofjoy:
what a snorefest

I think my assessment was half right to be honest, the terrain was there to do more than what happened. Everybody just agreed to wait for tomorrow
Wide roads to a ski station on mid gradients at the end of the easiest stage of the week in the middle of race with plenty of hard MTFs coming up. O'Connor was never going to lose time today when the break takes the stage win.

Such a wonderful win today for the underdogs, Kern Pharma, and Pablo Castrillo. So happy for them. It's not often a wildcard team wins, so it's nice to savor these moments.

GWKimg-XoAACFH2

GWKimhWW0AA4MFB

GWKimhEWcAEnUVl

And also a sad goodbye to the man who made the team what it is, Manolo Azcona. We just learned about it today.

View: https://twitter.com/EqKernPharma/status/1829088271781028129