• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España, stage 6: La Vall d'Uixó - Pico del Buitre, 183.1k

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Stage designs were very similar.

In 2019 they did 34kph average

In 2023 they did 41 kph average.
Yeah, I felt the same. Just insane. When I saw Kuss averaged >41kms/hr today, I could hardly believe it.

180k, 4000 vertical meters, uphill all the day, stage 6, season is almost in September: he averages more than 41 kms/hr. On Spanish, not-so-well-rolling roads. That is an unbelievable performance, by Kuss, by Martinez, and by some others. These guys all currently ride on a Lance Armstrong or Marco Pantani level.

Uijtdebroeks dropping Vlasov here. Unbelievable. What a future Cian has.

I hope they don't make Kuss work for Vinge and Roglic now. If they really are about the team win they need to get behind GC Kuss.
Also, how cool would it be to win each GT with a different rider. Probably a record never to be broken again.

F43s95oXkAA9DEi
As much as I'd love to see Kuss win the Vuelta, I don't think he can beat Remco. I am not convinced that Roglic can...Jonas...well, he's a different animal.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I hope they don't make Kuss work for Vinge and Roglic now. If they really are about the team win they need to get behind GC Kuss.
Also, how cool would it be to win each GT with a different rider. Probably a record never to be broken again.

F43s95oXkAA9DEi
If I was Madiot, i would be having a field day with this picture :D

There will be a day when the age of Jumbo fails and Rabofail returns to the world

But it is not this day
Damn when I was a kid I was actually sad for NL.
Always hyped in pre tour newpapers but always failing. "Why do adults think that Boogerd dude stands a chance when I, 9 years old, clearly see he is dropped when there are 15 left in the group. We suck too but at least we have kom every years"

Jumbo played PCM on easy today.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Although early in the day I was wondering if we had a 1990 Giovannetti situation brewing, this eventually reminded me a lot of stage 16 of the Giro.

In the Giro, I had been waiting in frustration for something to happen... and when it did, we got a really good stage, but the outcome was so unpalatable that I liked it better when nothing was happening. In the Vuelta, I had been waiting in frustration for something to happen... and when it did, we got a really good stage, but the outcome was so unpalatable that I liked it better when nothing was happening.

It's just that at the Giro it took over two weeks to get to that point, whereas in the Vuelta we've still got over two weeks of potential action left.

Boohoo.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99