• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a Espana Stage 3: Zutphen - Venlo 189,7 km

Stage 3... Zutphen - Venlo 189,7 km
3_perfil.gif

Is this another one for the sprinters - me thinks so :)

And nothing special about the weather either - warm, dry and some light winds

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
That is a funny article, but the author should have done a bit more research. There are only two Columbia riders at the Vuelta who were also at the Tour, Bert Grabsch and Kim Kirchen.

Susan

What? And ruin a perfectly good joke with inconvenient facts? bite your tongue!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if Greipel gets 40% discount with 'de kortingskaart', or 25% with the 'BahnCard'. Too bad the weekend is over and can't use his Schönes-Wochenende-Ticket anymore...

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
I wonder if Greipel gets 40% discount with 'de kortingskaart', or 25% with the 'BahnCard'. Too bad the weekend is over and can't use his Schönes-Wochenende-Ticket anymore...

since you're half dutch or something you might be envious at the fact that i got my picture taken with meneer de uil today :D

/ah, tv broadcast begins

ak-zaaf said:
since you're half dutch or something you might be envious at the fact that i got my picture taken with meneer de uil today :D

/ah, tv broadcast begins
A half an hour behind the tv grid schedules.....
What's happening tomorrow, for the northern queen stage?
Nice weather you've got there, too. Raining out west.
Lars and the lads waiting to get reeled in.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site

this is supposed to be the last day of good weather over here, so tomorrow is prolly a bit rainy and windy (great!)

boom put so much preparation in the prologue that i'm guessing he's not seeing madrid this year unless gesink suddenly takes the lead somewhere.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
So, I'm watching it on Universal sports and this is a different commentator than the one who did the Giro? From the little I heard, he sounds competent. It's the first stage I'm watching since I just came back from vacation so forgive me if that has been discussed before.

Please someone answer me this:

The Danish commentators keep talking about Peter Velits, the Slovakian champion from the Milram team. I know it's his brother Martin, they're talking about, but does he indeed wear the Slovakian championship jersey? Can't seem to see him now on the TV, but if they're correct, WHY on earth does he wear it? He was just the runner-up....

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Kazistuta said:
Please someone answer me this:

The Danish commentators keep talking about Peter Velits, the Slovakian champion from the Milram team. I know it's his brother Martin, they're talking about, but does he indeed wear the Slovakian championship jersey? Can't seem to see him now on the TV

He's spent the past half-hour as 2nd wheel in the peloton. Just behind the Garmin guy.

Kazistuta said:
but if they're correct, WHY on earth does he wear it? He was just the runner-up....

The elites and u-23s in slovakia race together. The first of each category gets a jersey to wear in their category. The guy who finished first was u-23 :)

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
weird sprint.
Farrar/ciolek were no where.
well done hendersen. Friere looked good, was too far back tho... no team.
Griepel's 2 forth places probably mean he's the most consistant sprinter so far lol.

--- commentator "72 wins" lol they win so much.

TRENDING THREADS