• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Ciclista a Castilla y León - 13th to 17th April

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
yeah they have an incredibly young team. also in colombia they don't have real gc guys yet, but their young guys will become gc guys in few years. no one wanted to go to their team this past winter. a team like une-epm or orgullo paisa is much better, more experienced and more "european" I hope they will be able to become pct soon as well.

Descender said:
I thought Mollema was better in short flat TTs than in lumpy medium-length ones like Paris-Nice??
This was way better than his Paris Nice ITT (13th, here 4th), he rode his best flat ITT ever.

Just unlucky Tondo also rode his best flat ITT ever. Yes I know Tondo one a Ruta del Sol prologue once, but that was by cutting a corner :eek:

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I never said that, I said it was POSSIBLE. I also said tondo was still favorite, but not a CERTAINTY.

You people seem to read only what you want. It's always the same. Try to read a full post the next time

That's because you're a dutchie :p

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
15 Nairo Quintana Rojas (Col) Colombia Es Pasion - Cafe De Colombia

Look forward to see him in Critérium du Dauphiné 2011 when he's that good in flat time trials.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
IlCobraFan said:
15 Nairo Quintana Rojas (Col) Colombia Es Pasion - Cafe De Colombia

Look forward to see him in Critérium du Dauphiné 2011 when he's that good in flat time trials.

he has trained hard on his itt this winter. good to say it pays off. he has always been a good itt guy considering his weight of only 52 kg.

I have to hand it to Contador. He just keeps on winning. Short climbs long climbs, hard climbs, tts.

jens_attacks said:
6 colombians in the top 20 overall...i think the show on stage 3 earned them an invitation to this years vuelta no doubt,insane shiit right there.
also nice to see giro people getting strong:anton,pozzo,alberto.
tondo,is he going to giro or le tour?
i hope carlito sastre will get his right form quickly.

Tondo is doing the Tour.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
This was way better than his Paris Nice ITT (13th, here 4th), he rode his best flat ITT ever.

Just unlucky Tondo also rode his best flat ITT ever. Yes I know Tondo one a Ruta del Sol prologue once, but that was by cutting a corner :eek:

http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=6131

actually, to be fair that has a bit of a climb in it. But it was flat enough for Eladio Jiménez to lose over 2 minutes to him.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Sorry but Volta a Portugal... the field is entirely different and not comparable

To Castilla y León?

That Volta ITT was over 38km, was after 10 days of hard racing, and was the absolute peak of those guys' year.

None of the guys like Contador or Porte are aiming to peak for Castilla y León.

Guerra was also (though Clinic fodder) an excellent ITT rider, who was going to represent Spain at the ITT Worlds in 2009 had he not popped positive.

http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=13770
http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=11184
http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=10588
http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=8269

What's more, in that Volta ITT, the biggest race of his year (and the longest race he'd ever done) was on the line and it was the day after a big MTF where he and Jiménez had beaten the field.

In context, I continue to hold fast that his Volta '07 ITT was a superior one to today.

&quot said:
Dude, Pecharromán was 5th.

Pecharromán.
Dude, today, Igor Antón was 6th.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Still remains the same for me, I hardly see how losing 9 seconds to Guerra in a 33km TT is better than only losing 3 seconds to Contador and 2 to Porte in a dead flat 10km ITT.
as if contador was riding at his best today. 1 second faster than porte pls.

I hope that tomorrow the racing is hard and that a select group forms. Mollema will get dropped ( hard luck for him yesterday ) and i hope Contador and Anton attack clear of Tondo. Contador gets podium and anton lead. Doubtful but i want to see the cyclists ( mainly Contador ) ride Cancellara style " with a fire in his belly" and " trying to bring some romance back into the sport." I think Porte could have been on podium too if allowed to just ride for himself instead of for Contador. Oh well he has to learn not to give up 6 seconds on a sprinting stage too.

greenedge said:
I hope that tomorrow the racing is hard and that a select group forms. Mollema will get dropped ( hard luck for him yesterday ) and i hope Contador and Anton attack clear of Tondo. Contador gets podium and anton lead. Doubtful but i want to see the cyclists ( mainly Contador ) ride Cancellara style " with a fire in his belly" and " trying to bring some romance back into the sport." I think Porte could have been on podium too if allowed to just ride for himself instead of for Contador. Oh well he has to learn not to give up 6 seconds on a sprinting stage too.
I doubt it, the guys in front were Pozzovivo, Anton, Tondo, and Mollema... all way better climbers than Porte.

As for your scenario of the final stage: let's hope so, but it looks like a bunch sprint to me.

TRENDING THREADS