• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Colombia 2016 13/6/2016 - 27/6/2016

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Escarabajo said:
There has to be better routes than that. That is bad. With such a mountainous country they cannot pull something like this.

And the winners are not worthy like in the past. It just does not show who the best locals are.

To be honest, I truly think that this race shows the level of locals, they would be complete trash in europe.

Re: Re:

burning said:
Escarabajo said:
There has to be better routes than that. That is bad. With such a mountainous country they cannot pull something like this.

And the winners are not worthy like in the past. It just does not show who the best locals are.

To be honest, I truly think that this race shows the level of locals, they would be complete trash in europe.
We are saying different things.

You are right that "these" locals would be trash in Europe. While other "Locals" are contending for the Giro, Tour and Vuelta. ;)

Re:

Escarabajo said:

There are better routes for sure. I don't know why they don't use something like Letras. In 2009 they had a mtf on La Linea, a Letras stage and Alto del Escobero. Of course this is a bit over the top, but it shows what's possible.

I have no idea why they build these routes now. What kind of politics are behind this? It seems a bit like they do everything to make Sevilla the winner of this race.

13557719_10154295987724530_7797297415837324230_n.jpg

Re:

Escarabajo said:

For sure there are:
http://altimetriascolombia.blogspot.ca/2013/09/top-15-de-etapones-de-montana-en.html

First of all, the original design was bad, and there were some controversies about start/finish town fees that put Cartagena and Bogotá out of the scope at the last minute.
The mileage was ridiculous.
They did every effort to put the big mountains far from stage finish (Ibagué and Cota)