• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Espana - Stage 11 : Sept 9 - Murcia - Caravaca de la Cruz

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
Stage 11, three categorised climbs but almost a quarter of the 191km stage comes after the last summit.

Normally I'd pick Gerrans for a stage like this, but assuming he's knackered after yesterday my sensible vote moves to Phillip Gilbert.

My wish-list vote has to go to Hoogerlands, he's proved that he can hold it together on a decent climb and it seemed strange not to see a Vacensoleil jersey in Stage 10's break.

profile11_1_600.gif

bermejo.gif

Frank Schleck stays in bed.
Saxo's becoming an unfunny joke.
Their Giro squad was a travesty and now this pathetic effort.
After all, it's not as if they are some lowly French squad.
If they regularly get the "attendance not required" notification.....

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
The break's only 3 riders so either the pack gets benevolent or they're doomed.

In case they make it to the finish, Hoogerland is the best sprinter in that group

EDIT: And with Hoogerland so close on GC, they're much less likely to make it

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
franciep10 said:
I would assume they're trying to bring it back for bennati, but I don't know why they're bring it back so early.
I think they are just in a hurry to get to the dinner table....

Maybe that is me, is it lunch time yet?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
franciep10 said:
I would assume they're trying to bring it back for bennati, but I don't know why they're bring it back so early.

Maybe to drop sprinters that can't climb with Bennati.

However.....I've yet to see Bennati in the pack.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
How did Canc get dropped. The climb too fast?

Is ciolek in the peloton?

Considering how big the peloton is (about 50 riders) and considering his climbing skills, he has to be, unless he's had a problem.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Considering how big the peloton is (about 50 riders) and considering his climbing skills, he has to be, unless he's had a problem.

I think he stores and uses his climbing legs only in Switzerland then ;)

EDIT> Di Gregorio is all Remy...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
That line was next to the arrogance line. He had to pick.

That must explain his rather well-timed attack at 19k before the finish on one of the widest Spanish highways, no trees or any other natural windbreakers on either side, slightly down hill, and a stretched out Liquigas team setting the pace.

Some call it self-esteem or confidence :rolleyes: