• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Stage 15: Alcalá la Real - Sierra Nevada (129.4 km)

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Re:

wwabbit said:
Sometimes I wonder how many cyclists get away with it simply because there wasn't a video recording of it.
Every now and then probably, though Dutch rider Koen de Kort said on Twitter that self regulation in the bunch is normally quite strong.

"After viewing the video footage that showed two of our riders intentionally holding onto the team car during the 20th stage (sic) on Sunday, September 3rd, the management of the AG2R LA MONDIALE team has decided to withdraw Alexandre Geniez and Nico Denz from the Vuelta a Espana," read the team statement.

In other words, AG2R has no problem with the riders doing it, only with the fact that it was caught on video. Everyone inside that car should also be thrown out of the race.

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
i wasn't in the forum when this stage was done but when Nibali attack i say th guy is brave , of course that cost him 6 seconds but they will not make the difference

TRENDING THREADS