• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Stage 21: Arroyomolinos → Madrid - 118km

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Jagartrott said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
People, Pisti is just upset because Trentin is a QS rider. If he was a Belgian same reaction. If he was any other team or nationality, he would commend Froome. If Froome was a Belgian he would commend Froome. If Froome was part of a Belgian team he would commend Froome.

It's too predictable. Just laugh :lol:
*You* go on about someone for being nationalistic?
OK.

The strange thing is I'm absolutely not nationalistic. I would never cheer for boring riders like Jurgen Van Den Broeck or Stijn Devolder. DT meanwhile cheers for everything Dutch.

Re:

Ruby United said:
As I wrote earlier, I have always endured the Froome and Sky criticism here because I perfectly understand - and sometimes even feel - the frustration of the SkyBots choo-chooing.
But to criticize him for trying to win a major classification!!??
That's beyond ridiculous.

But it was obviously a one man opinion. Actually a lot of "sky haters" said it was ridiculous :)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Big Doopie said:
didn't vino steal 5th place from levi on the champs?

should lemond not have tried to win beat fignon in 1989 final ITT?

lol. the ceremonial last stage is bs the way it has become.

anyway the green jersey is supposed to recompense the most consistent rider - not the best sprinter (see Sagan, Kelly, Zabel, VanSpringel, etc...)

and if you love the vuelta for all its hilly stages, then the green jersey most likely should go to an all-rounder.

No, that's what the leader's jersey is for.

Green jersey in the Tour doesn't reward the most consistent rider, otherwise all stages would give equal points. The competition actually is not in Sagan's favour, he's just so good and talented that he wins it anyway.

The Vuelta Points Jersey is so flawed it becomes pointless.

I will admit that my initial reaction to Froome defending green today was biased by my feelings about him and Sky. He deserved it and of course it is good to see entertaining racing and riders fighting for the classifications. I still feel like this was one Sky could have let go but Froome won it fair and square.

El Pistolero said:
Big Doopie said:

anyway the green jersey is supposed to recompense the most consistent rider - not the best sprinter (see Sagan, Kelly, Zabel, VanSpringel, etc...)

and if you love the vuelta for all its hilly stages, then the green jersey most likely should go to an all-rounder.

Green jersey in the Tour doesn't reward the most consistent rider, otherwise all stages would give equal points. The competition actually is not in Sagan's favour, he's just so good and talented that he wins it anyway.

u r 100% wrong.

the points jersey is traditionally for the the rider who PLACES most consistently throughout the race. In that way it is different from the GC that is based on time.

again, see sagan, kelly, van springel, zabel...and many many others...NOT the best sprinters.

besides, has ANYONE EVER complained about sagan going with the break in the mountains to take the intermediate sprint points away from greipel, cavendish, kittel? NEVAH!

El Pistolero said:
Big Doopie said:

Trentin was OTL yesterday...

El Pistolero said:
Big Doopie said:

So if Trentin would have won the jersey it would be a great win, but if Froome wins it by the tiniest of margins the complete jersey is pointless?

Little bit overreacting?

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Big Doopie said:
El Pistolero said:
Big Doopie said:

u r 100% wrong.

the points jersey is traditionally for the the rider who PLACES most consistently throughout the race. In that way it is different from the GC that is based on time.

again, see sagan, kelly, van springel, zabel...and many many others...NOT the best sprinters.

Then why doesn't it give equal points for every stage in the Tour?

As for traditions: blindly following ancient traditions and customs does not mean the dead are alive, but that the living are dead.

I love that quote, I can use it in so many situations to back up my argument.

Big Doopie said:
El Pistolero said:
Big Doopie said:

u r 100% wrong.

You expect that Pistolero watched cycling before Tommeke?

Re:

StephenC2020 said:
I will admit that my initial reaction to Froome defending green today was biased by my feelings about him and Sky. He deserved it and of course it is good to see entertaining racing and riders fighting for the classifications. I still feel like this was one Sky could have let go but Froome won it fair and square.

Yeah I'm not sure about it tbh.