• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

WADA has beef with Contador meat claims

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Wheres_the_beef_commercial.jpg

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
One thing I still can't understand. How is it possible to 'prove' the Clenbuterol came from contaminated meat?
Seriously, I think it's stupid that riders have to prove that the stuff they have in their bodies comes from a food source instead of a pill. In other sports the accusers have to prove it didn't.
I mean, I get that this is also difficult, and that the WADA and UCI have to fight against doping, but I still find it unfair and useless. Like the Chicken said: I'd rather let a few guilty guys walk than punish one innocent man.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Vonn Brinkman said:
One thing I still can't understand. How is it possible to 'prove' the Clenbuterol came from contaminated meat?
Seriously, I think it's stupid that riders have to prove that the stuff they have in their bodies comes from a food source instead of a pill. In other sports the accusers have to prove it didn't.
I mean, I get that this is also difficult, and that the WADA and UCI have to fight against doping, but I still find it unfair and useless. Like the Chicken said: I'd rather let a few guilty guys walk than punish one innocent man.

In what sport where an athelete tests positive do the testers have to prove that the drug wasn't possibly taken accidentally.

I can't think of that ever happening.

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
kurtinsc said:
In what sport where an athelete tests positive do the testers have to prove that the drug wasn't possibly taken accidentally.

I can't think of that ever happening.

I would agree that the presumption of innocence until proven guilty is an admirable ideal. However, they (the riders) know the rules and agree to abide by them. It is no different than if you or I are required to submit for drug testing for employment. We agree to do so, and we know that we will possibly be fired if something shows up. You don’t have the luxury of arguing that it came from contaminated meat or some such nonsense. You are handed your pink slip because you signed a form indicating you knew your rights and the consequences if you failed -- just like the riders. It may not be fair, but those are the rules. What I find disturbing is how long it takes to have these sanctions implemented and all the back dating rubbish. 2 years is 2 years, not 15 or 18 months – 24 months is two years!

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ok - 'mooo'ving us back to the spirit of the thread.

Obviously WADA have decided that Contadors claims are in fact 'bull', unless Contador can come up with some 'udder' evidence when his case is 'herd'.

Unless he can find the farmer, or someone else who is outstanding in their own field then he is going to be slaughtered by the press.

But there is no point crying over spilled milk.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
nice work Maserati

Good old WADA interfering with us again because we make an effort to catch our dopers.

Why dont they FO out of it and start insisting that eg Champions League Football or tennis do ANY tests at all.

Contador is farked now I think. For a year at least anyway.

This should drop the average speed in the 2011 Tour quite a bit

Now we just need a TTT and Wiggo may have a chance of a podium, er Top 10 :)

TRENDING THREADS