• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

WADA has beef with Contador meat claims

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Yes - its probably time to rein them in and corral them for the winter.
What we need is som Maverick to do it - I am thinking about cowPat McQuaid.

I agree, the real issue here is the fact that Contador has been branded a cheat in some quarters. the rump of the peleton will no doubt be concerned with actions of this rider until its investigated properly.

sublimit said:
I agree, the real issue here is the fact that Contador has been branded a cheat in some quarters. the rump of the peleton will no doubt be concerned with actions of this rider until its investigated properly.

he doesn't spend much time at the tail of the peleton, but he could be a choice cut from the peleton
bit of a kick in the loin should he be proven innocent...

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Aguirre said:
since cyclingnews only publishes scientific news which are bad for contador

here a link where a CAS exper-member says the small amount of Clen might be due meet ingestion... not news about that in Cyclingnews.... it is reported in other medias too...

http://www.marca.com/2010/10/14/cic...4a8f5e5f5d3599151417f5dda13223c8&t=1287177091

Aguirre, my Spanish brother, time to wake up bro. The CAS expert is a lawyer. By the way, it's not so much about explaining the clenb. It's about explaining the clenb. AND the plasticizers. Mister "CAS expert" is clever enough not to mention that, knowing that the plasticizers aren't allowed as evidence yet, in case this whole case goes to court. Be that as it may, only the most naive Contador fans (of which there are still plenty in Spain) will interpret this guys' statements as a sign of Contadope's innocence.

images

"I was a victim of circumstance..."

May 26, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
The certainty of guilt......is rather certain. Right now, there is a struggle going on regarding what really is for the good of cycling. There are definitely elements that would rather see him get 3 months suspension AND keep his title. There are lots of people with the power to mix this up, who aren't that dumb in the face of the positive control and overwhelming evidence to supporting the use of substance by Albunetral Clerbutador.

You're probably right on all those points.

All I meant to argue was that one of their reasons for ambivalence about this test may be that they don't wish to unintentionally give oxygen to the idea that riders are being victimized unfairly by doping controllers.

yourwelcome said:
You're probably right on all those points.

All I meant to argue was that one of their reasons for ambivalence about this test may be that they don't wish to unintentionally give oxygen to the idea that riders are being victimized unfairly by doping controllers.

Perhaps it's oxygenated payback for doping controllers being unfairly victimized by ambivalent dopey riders? ;)

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Fourier said:
the question is: will AC get the chop from Saxo? Bjarne surely was left in a stew about the whole team leader decision.

That's his own damn fault. The mass exodus speaks volumns about how his last batch of riders felt about him. His news outlet offer to sell FC's contract was beyond stupid. He could have built an ad hoc team around FC if contador had given him some heads up about the positive. Lay down with crap, wake up with stink.

A

Anonymous

slowoldman said:
He has been known as Albuterol Clentador in our post ride discussions for months.

I always thought he would be cooked with the beef defense.

So no worries of him getting a raw deal then?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
No, but they sure need to beef up their arguments.

To get serious for a change, the problem is that the meat no longer exists. WADA can't prove it wasn't tainted. Contador can't prove that it was. Both sides can argue until they are blue in the face that it "probably" was or wasn't.

Susan

Well, guess the WADA has at least shown that it was not likely to be contaminated. Reversely, AC will never be able to show that it was likely to be contaminated. AC can basically only appeal to chance, a chance of 1 to 300.000 to be exact. So the sum of evidence clearly weighs in favor of WADA.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Considering that there is no allowed threshold for this drug, AC has gotten one hell of a "fair shake" from WADA. The fact that they spent a considerable amount of time and money to investigate his excuse (before he was even charged) means that people are bending over backwards to keep hope alive for the guy.

BotanyBay said:
Considering that there is no allowed threshold for this drug, AC has gotten one hell of a "fair shake" from WADA. The fact that they spent a considerable amount of time and money to investigate his excuse (before he was even charged) means that people are bending over backwards to keep hope alive for the guy.

agreed-unless WADA has additional info/data to counterattack AC's legal crew, I think this new statement is weighing the balance towards him.

TRENDING THREADS