• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wade Wolfenbarger crashed and is in a coma

May 2, 2009
Visit site
Sadly 21 year old Wade Wolfenbarger (team Cinelli Down Under) crashed this afternoon in the Netherlands during the Tour of Overijssel. Hit his head hard on the tarmac and has some braindamage, due to this he got in a coma... (source)

Picture 1 (warning; showing Wolfenbarger on the ground)
Picture 2
Picture 3

May 3, 2009
Visit site
I have been searching all night for information about Wade. I just found out he was injured from our little forum in Lubbock. Please, please email me anyone with any information about him. I am not blood family, but worked with him at the local bike shop and he is like a son to me. I care so much about him and so do many others here in our little west Texas town. If for some reason anyone goes to see him please tell him we are all pulling for him to make a speedy recovery. thanks so much kay maddox. kk_maddx07@yahoo.com

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm Wade's step brother and just found out about the accident when I got to work and checked my email. As of about 10:00 AM my Dad and his Mom are still seeking more information and a way to contact him. If anyone has news or a number for the hospital in Leuven please email me at greg dot zapp at gmail dot com.

Thanks,
Greg

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Wade on the mend

Wade was visited by his team mates yesterday now that he is in hospital in the city of Leuven.

A picture of him from the paper is on the website bellow. As you can see he is doing well. I was asked to post this for any family or friends of his that are wondering how he is.

http://www.born2ride.wordpress.com

TRENDING THREADS