• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wall of Denial . . .

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
uspostal said:
I don't believe I said they did ?? these are services offered for free on the site. As are 138 resources to people and a lot of then are aftercare programs.

Since our inception, we have raised $325 million dollars for the fight against cancer, and 81 percent of those funds have gone directly to support our programs and services for survivors.

In 2009 we had functional expenses totaling $37,147, 929, and 81 percent of every dollar raised went directly to fund programmatic expenses (see chart below).
Do all the men that have a hard-on for LA know that for erections lasting longer than 4 hrs you should seek medical help immediately ???

Chuck

Chuck, Do you work for LAF? If not you should be more careful about making clear what 's you writing, and what is a quote from the LAF site.

A

Anonymous

uspostal said:
I don't believe I said they did ?? these are services offered for free on the site. As are 138 resources to people and a lot of then are aftercare programs.

Since our inception, we have raised $325 million dollars for the fight against cancer, and 81 percent of those funds have gone directly to support our programs and services for survivors.

In 2009 we had functional expenses totaling $37,147, 929, and 81 percent of every dollar raised went directly to fund programmatic expenses (see chart below).
Do all the men that have a hard-on for LA know that for erections lasting longer than 4 hrs you should seek medical help immediately ???

Chuck

Erections should seek medical help? I knew mine had a mind of its own, but I didn't know it could use a phone or drive to the hospital. Dang those erections are deceptive little bastards!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
I always chuckle at the term "fighting cancer". Its become a soundbyte of complete nothingness....

like the "war on terror"....utter BS, as you have rightly said nothingness, written and conceived by people with no interest in serving the public, but in misleading the public for their own ends.

travel around the world in your own private jet, give a speech about fighting cancer personally, dont mention the doctor's who cured you, talk more about yourself winning 7TdFs, dont mention team mates, and all after fighting cancer, again don't mention the doctors and nurses and finish with a round of LIvESTRONG BS and end on the fight cancer...cha $$ ching

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
sartain said:
The scary part about this fan-girl's comment is that there are legions of fans just like her!

As I have said in the past, it's all about the "C" word. It will be a tough foundation to crack.

Seriously sartain - WHAT are you afraid of?
Why be sooo scared of a fangirl? Boo!

The fangirls are not afraid of the haters I bet....

Dr. Maserati said:
So why didn't 'Dooley' tell her parents about this "different way"?

Good on you, Doctor, for picking up on that bitter irony between Dooley and her dead parents.

But maybe Dooley knew her parents to be haters, and comforting them with "LiveStrong" would have been a bitter pill instead of an inspiration.
Who knows?

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
saganftw said:
if believing in LA/livestrong/yellow band w/e helps patients no matter how much are they BS themselves who are you to tell them its scary?...if it helps them,let them believe

if they want to believe in god,scientology,santa claus who are you to tell them they are wrong?

This argument falls apart on the leading words: IF ...

However, IF wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

Believing in Livestrong and the yellow bands does not help patients, however much they might want it to be true. A combination of their bodies and treatment will do the actual work. Family, friends and medical staff will provide the moral support that helps make it more bearable. Little yellow bracelets do squat.

For the record, I never told my children Santa was true. Lies are lies, even to kids. Lying, even supposedly in a good cause, is a bad thing.

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
FactChecker said:
This argument falls apart on the leading words: IF ...

However, IF wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

Believing in Livestrong and the yellow bands does not help patients, however much they might want it to be true. A combination of their bodies and treatment will do the actual work. Family, friends and medical staff will provide the moral support that helps make it more bearable. Little yellow bracelets do squat.

For the record, I never told my children Santa was true. Lies are lies, even to kids. Lying, even supposedly in a good cause, is a bad thing.

The ends NEVER justify the means.

TRENDING THREADS