• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Walsh Rips on the Bio Passport!

A

Anonymous

Digger said:
So someone is never allowed criticise unless a solution is provided?

The guy is a *** clown, you can't take him seriously.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Ah. Now I have my own stalker following me around from thread to thread. Usually happens earlier than a few hundred posts.

TheArbiter

BANNED
Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Well firstly, it is in Walsh's interests to keep the doping-speculation-game going, because he has made a career out of it. So we expect nothing less from him. He will always find a way to claim that cheating is still rife.

However he does have a point about the UCI. It is crap that they refuse to go back and retest the Giro 2008 samples. Why would they not do this? It's also true that Contador's performance - the best climber and the best time trialist, and able to use higher power than Armstrong ever did - at the ToF does raise some questions, though it's never nice to see a rider smeared when there is no proof.

TheArbiter

BANNED
Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I do have a theory about their being more to the bad blood at Astana than just who is supposed to be the team leader, but it is only speculation.

I think the only reason Lance came back to the sport is that he thought the passport scheme and the fact the authorities are working with the manufacturers on tests, meant he could still win in a fair fight. So everybody at the team were shocked and upset as hell with Contador for still beating the system so blatantly.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
TheArbiter said:
I do have a theory about their being more to the bad blood at Astana than just who is supposed to be the team leader, but it is only speculation.

I think the only reason Lance came back to the sport is that he thought the passport scheme and the fact the authorities are working with the manufacturers on tests, meant he could still win in a fair fight. So everybody at the team were shocked and upset as hell with Contador for still beating the system so blatantly.

HAHAHAHAHAHA... :)

Yes Johan and Lance didn't have a clue before hand about AC's background with Puerto (Just as JB hired Basso on good grounds).

The thing is with us conspiracy idiots that we have some facts going for us. You however put up this pure ridiculous speculation?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
TheArbiter said:
Well firstly, it is in Walsh's interests to keep the doping-speculation-game going, because he has made a career out of it. So we expect nothing less from him.

He is a reporter who writes books. His reporting career, which earns him his daily living, is sports, not just doping. And he is no different to anyone else earning a living, including Lance, especially one that is good at their job.

TheArbiter

BANNED
Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Yes Johan and Lance didn't have a clue before hand about AC's background with Puerto (Just as JB hired Basso on good grounds).

I'm saying that they thought it would be a lot harder to dope in 2009.

The thing is with us conspiracy idiots that we have some facts going for us. You however put up this pure ridiculous speculation?

I was upfront and said it was just speculation. Unlike yourself who posts absurd theories as fact and base your appreciation for riders based on their personality rather than their achievements.

TheArbiter

BANNED
Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
He is a reporter who writes books. His reporting career, which earns him his daily living, is sports, not just doping. And he is no different to anyone else earning a living, including Lance, especially one that is good at their job.

None of which disputes what I said.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
TheArbiter said:

Your theory is as lame. Can't you just accept that Lance was beaten by the better man? Can't you accept that Lance's results were excellent, and as good as it was going to get for him, consider his age, retirement, and collar bone fracture?

TheArbiter

BANNED
Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Your theory is as lame. Can't you just accept that Lance was beaten by the better man? Can't you accept that Lance's results were excellent, and as good as it was going to get for him, consider his age, retirement, and collar bone fracture?

I don't know whether it's true or not, but it's a reasonable theory. Armstrong pointedly remarked that Contador's power numbers on one mountian were even better than his at his best. In hindsight that could have been a coded message. But we just don't know.

You're right that its entirely possible Contador won fair and square.

TheArbiter

BANNED
Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:

But when you're known as "the anti doping guy" it's going to be pretty hard for you to ever give a quote saying you think the problem is largely over.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
TheArbiter said:
None of which disputes what I said.

Playing semantics, but you said he perpetuates the doping speculation game to ensure the continuation of his career. But when his career is a newspaper sports reporter and writing investigative books on doping is not his career, then I am disputing your claim because you have his career and side business mixed up. All I can say is thankfully there are people out there like Walsh who will expose corruptness in individuals (Lance, Landis and other cyclists, and now rugby players) and corporations (such as the UCI).

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
TheArbiter said:
Well firstly, it is in Walsh's interests to keep the doping-speculation-game going, because he has made a career out of it. So we expect nothing less from him. He will always find a way to claim that cheating is still rife.

However he does have a point about the UCI. It is crap that they refuse to go back and retest the Giro 2008 samples. Why would they not do this? It's also true that Contador's performance - the best climber and the best time trialist, and able to use higher power than Armstrong ever did - at the ToF does raise some questions, though it's never nice to see a rider smeared when there is no proof.

I got to admit, this made me laugh! If this isn't the perfect definition of a fanboy, I don't know what is..... "anyone who beat Lance must be doping because they beat Lance". Priceless!! :D

Eva Maria

BANNED
May 24, 2009
Visit site
TheArbiter said:
Armstrong pointedly remarked that Contador's power numbers on one mountian were even better than his at his best. In hindsight that could have been a coded message. But we just don't know.

Yeah, it is code for sore loser.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
TheArbiter said:
I think the only reason Lance came back to the sport is that he thought the passport scheme and the fact the authorities are working with the manufacturers on tests, meant he could still win in a fair fight.

So why did he come back in '99?

A

Anonymous

scribe said:
Ah. Now I have my own stalker following me around from thread to thread. Usually happens earlier than a few hundred posts.

We are both trolls and I intend to feed you some of your meds. Well, you are either a troll or the freaking dumbest fanboy posting here. I vote for the former, but you could be the latter. One thing for sure is that I will hound you a bit because you deserve it. You aren't special, I have done that with MANY fanboy trolls over the years. You are just the newest.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
the passport may be flawed. walsh though, has zero credibility on the subject.
he needs to sell books. so much sports "journalism" is just speculation and innuendo.:cool:

Why do you say he has zero credibility. Specifically. Something other than "he thinks Lance doped."