• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Was Usain Bolt protected by going after his competition?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Poursuivant said:
Bwlch y Groes said:
Blakeslee said:
Considering the long list of sprinters Bolt has competed against who have been caught doping, there is no way Bolt is clean.

This is the long and short of it for me too. Even if you push the Heredia stuff to one side, it's basically the same situation as it was with Armstrong after Puerto came out. The problem is people believe all this nonsense of how he's a genetic freak which somehow explains him being at least 3 tenths of a second faster over 100m than any other clean runner (and more likely about half a second)

Has the Heredia link ever been confirmed? I can't find anything on Google.

Heredia goes by the name Angel Hernandez these days. There are loads of sources citing their working relationship - one here: http://deadspin.com/5857439/what-do-usain-bolt-and-juan-manuel-marquez-have-in-common-they-train-with-the-same-admitted-steroids-dealer

Re:

Lyon said:
All you ever needed to know about sprinting was spelled out during the 2003 worlds - a drug bust happens and suddenly nobody is able to run a sub-10 anymore.

Then in 2006 some american college kid starts running world class times in the 100, 200 and 400, the cat is out of the bag and soon everybody and his mother is improving their times, the Jamaicans capitalize on their improved facilities and non existent drug testing and sprinting never looked back. Wroooom!

Yes, there was a drug bust, primarily with Marion Jones, CJ Hunter, Jon Drummond, Gatlin, Gay (though those guys later on, Gatlin was first caught in 2001, then 2006, then 2010, if the timeline is correct.) and the whole Balco incident where dozens of high profile American track athletes were busted, but times getting noticeably slower? The real significant one was Kim Collins, who at the age of 28, won the 2003 world title in the 100m in Paris. Now, I always thought that if there were 'clean' or less suspicious top sprinters, it would have been Collins. His PR is in the 9.90's and while he's been super consistent over a number of years, well into his 30's (that might be suspicious in and of itself), he hasn't had breathtaking performances.

After Collins though, you had Powell who was the top man post Maurice Greene and pre Usain Bolt 2008. He was consistently getting podiums (though choking at the Olympics and World's) and he was running consistent sub 9.90's and held the WR with 9.77, 9.78, he was breaking it a few times, bit by bit, until Bolt was the first to go sub 9.70 and then obviously the 9.58 in 2009. Guys were still running fast times, well under 10 seconds prior to Bolt.

In response to the threads title I really hope not as I want him to be revealed for what he is or what many of us believe him to be a cheat. I have managed to convince one of my grandsons by telling him to watch UB in the heats.Those he was in there was a big gap between him and the rest and yet the other heats the winners just nudged it.
Mo F just looked too good as well and need I say more about some of our swimmers.
They say cheats never prosper but to me that is questionable.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Fwiw, in my view he's one of the most spectacular athletes of the past two decades, surely.

He's also protected like none other and can probably dope a tad more than his competitors, knowing hell will freeze over before he gets exposed. Think Federer, Djokovic, Sagan, any random UK pro athlete. ;)

blackcat said:
Gatlin, Gay, Powell, Blake.

all got popped in the last three years.

a priori, they go after all of Bolt's closest competition for two reasons, i) to instill a perception of credibility and ant-doping "enforcement"(which is anything but)...

and ii) so he breaks records of repeat(ing) his achievement(wins)...

I mean, check out Gatlin's times over the last 24 months, he had to be a massive favourite 12 months out with the times he was running versus Bolt's performances since London.

So why did they invert their form curve?

and I would dispel the notion that, one's coach had his ducks in a row, and one stuffed up with something so simple like a taper.

No, something else was up. Like the NBA orchestrating big-market teams make the Championship play-off, like the championships go down to the wire with 7 games.

And dont be a sm@rt@r$e and tell me I was just contradicting myself taking about big-market games, wrt Gay/Gatlin starsnstripes v Boltbananarepublic. Well, Bolt is the peoples champion for the 7 billion v 320 million nike consuming americans.

Nah, something was up. IAAF, WADA, IOC have orchestrated the win for the legitimacy of sport, blackcat has ordained it in The Clinic with his/her Clinic Twelve Disciples of JV

/thirdperson

how did they do it? rigorous OOC testing and harassment of these competitors^
+ wide berth on the stirrups for Usain

Neither Golden State nor Cleveland are big market teams. The best teams in the league at this point are all in small markets with the exception of the Clippers: Warriors, Cleveland, Oklahoma City and San Antonio. Those were the teams seriously competing for the championship this year.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
Neither Golden State nor Cleveland are big market teams. The best teams in the league at this point are all in small markets with the exception of the Clippers: Warriors, Cleveland, Oklahoma City and San Antonio. Those were the teams seriously competing for the championship this year.

i already place the caveat you simpleton.

can you discern ur logic failure herein^

if LA and Chicago and New York and Miami are not winning 55 regular season games and going deep in the conference finals, there is only so much the refs can do. It is supposed to be a credible sport afterall. The NBA head office and institutional bias can only bend and nudge so much :rolleyes:

the factor that falls in their favour, 320 consumers in America... they like to see Nike athletes. Lebron potentially GOAT. Steph Curry potentially the one player who has had the best ever season until he gets physically beat up in the final, and he gets injured in the last games in the regular season...

And I intimated this before in my post.

the 320 million consumers.

You just have to lose the rich subscriber/season ticket holders in LA and NY and Miami etc... I ultimately was saying, the decisions and influences on the refs, were unsaid decisions, like the journalists at Rupert Murdoch tome[sic] tomb [sic] in thin dead business model packaging, the reporters know to write Rupert copy. Not il Guardina The Machester Guardian Scott Trust copy. You dont write stuff that would be guardian stuff form New York Post. You write Rupert New PYork Post copy.

But, my pertinent factor... is economic. NBA choose the refs who make the calls for the superstars and make the calls for LA and Miami and Chicago and NY. They choose those refs for the finals that will make the calls for their preferred teams. And like Murdoch wont get on the phone to tell a journo what to write, they know what to write, there is the institutional bias.

So NBA head office are not telling the refs how to ref. They have extraordinary ref metrics and reviews and ref coaches in the stand, who review the games with them after each game. They will break the game down into the 48 minutes and every consituent part, decisions and non-decisions. If the refs are selected for National Championship, they know they are supposed to ref by the book, call the calls as they have done for their nba reffing career, dont change a lick. And dont gamble or set the spreads market.

TRENDING THREADS