• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Watching Belgian Classic in Person - Questions

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
First time on the forum.
Plan on visiting Europe next spring. May even schedule the trip to coincide with one of the Belgian Classics. Not sure, but might be Liege-Bastogne-Liege. Several questions.

1. Better to get a hotel nearby or drive in?
2. What's the best way to watch: find a spot along the route? Join the scrum at the finish? Visit the start then go to Ans for the finish?
3. Is there a better place to "rub elbows" with the racers - or don't bother trying?
4. Any other advice for a first-timer-ever-to-a-Belgian-classic?

Thanks for your input.

prowler4 said:
First time on the forum.
Plan on visiting Europe next spring. May even schedule the trip to coincide with one of the Belgian Classics. Not sure, but might be Liege-Bastogne-Liege. Several questions.

1. Better to get a hotel nearby or drive in?
2. What's the best way to watch: find a spot along the route? Join the scrum at the finish? Visit the start then go to Ans for the finish?
3. Is there a better place to "rub elbows" with the racers - or don't bother trying?
4. Any other advice for a first-timer-ever-to-a-Belgian-classic?

Thanks for your input.

Hello prowler4, welcome.

My brother went to Huy two years ago and he chose a small hotel near the city center. It came out very cheap iirc, so i'd go for a well located hotel, with good access and transports (unless you plan to rent-a-car).

You should check this list of hotels located in Liége, and choose the one you find the best.

I think the perfect spot to watch the Liége race, is to place yourself near the middle-top of the last côte. Also, that way you could easily reach a rider in the finale of the race.

Have fun.

TRENDING THREADS