• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Watching Milan - San Remo

I couldn't have said it better myself

I am sure you will be able to pick up live stream (maybe with Italian commentary - which of course adds to the romance!) through cycling fans site

The race is on Cycling TV but you need a premium package or you might be able to get it with a GIRO package

Hope this helps

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions. I haven't had much luck with a lot of those live streams in the past so I'm hoping someone in Europe will record it and put it on a torrent site.

Yeah, try all the links on cyclingfans.com. They seem inconsistent, at least for me... last week for T-A, one day the Rai and Rai 3 streams didn't work but the Gazetta one did, the next day it was the reverse. Just try 'em all and hopefully you'll have some luck.

...or buy a cycling tv package - I think it's great value - and Magnus and his mate are quite amusing - At least they know what they are talking about and Magnus generally has some useful insight into the way the race is unfolding- even though they do try and sell you their coffee! Have fun.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Word of warning with cyclingTV. You don't always get what you pay for.
Check out reviews on the net before you decide to jump in. I had the
premium subscription but didn't renew. Too many problems that need to
be ironed out before I'll renew. Again check reviews on the net.

agree that
cyclingfans http://www.cyclingfans.com/
and
steephilltv http://www.steephill.tv/

are essential links for free race coverage via the net.

I second the warning on cycling.tv. A worthwhile service for those of us in North America who can't always catch races live because they're early in the AM, but they've got some bugs.

If you look at their schedule, a number of races are 'TBC' - to be confirmed, such as Pais Vasco, Eneco, Plouay... not major ones, but still, they pulled the 'TBC' on Tirreno-Adriatico and said at the start of the week 'okay we're not showing it'. Also, last year they advertised full coverage of the Giro but then didn't broadcast Sunday stages because VS. had the rights in the US (which didn't help us Canadians any). And the Tour is right out of the question.

Also, their customer service is the worst I've ever seen with any company I've had anything to do with, in my life. I am not exaggerating.

But it is quite extensive, year-round coverage, and for cycling junkies it's worthwhile enough.

While it is true cycling.tv will have Milano San Remo this Saturday, they are only offering it in the Gold North America and Giro packages. It is not offered on the Premium channel which, of course, I subscribe to.

I mean, why get the Giro package?? You can watch it for free from RAI - a great video feed, too.

Check cycling.tv for details, if interested.

TRENDING THREADS