• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Watching paint dry

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, now that we have snooker, baseball, cricket, and golf threads, I think the natural progression is to discuss another exciting sport: Watching paint dry.

My personal favorite is watching lead based paint dry, but I'm old school. I think it stems from my fond memories of peeling it and eating it. I love the way it bubbles up, and you can pierce that bubble and then start stripping it off. I kind of made a game of seeing how large of a section I could peel, but I'm getting a bit off topic.

So, what's your favorite paint to watch dry?

(I almost started a thread about the sport of watching two flies copulate, but I will save that one for when the thrill and voluminous content of this thread die down.)

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
Well, now that we have snooker, baseball, cricket, and golf threads, I think the natural progression is to discuss another exciting sport: Watching paint dry.

My personal favorite is watching lead based paint dry, but I'm old school. I think it stems from my fond memories of peeling it and eating it. I love the way it bubbles up, and you can pierce that bubble and then start stripping it off. I kind of made a game of seeing how large of a section I could peel, but I'm getting a bit off topic.

(I almost started a thread about the sport of watching two flies copulate, but I will save that one for when the thrill and voluminous content of this thread die down.)

Not crazy about watching paint dry.

But grass growing.... Now there's something right there. You got your Fescue's, vs Kentucky Bluegrass. Of course there's a bunch of cheaters and their fertilizer.

Considering just having an "open" class. Use whatever fertilizer you want.

Pity the new producers of paint cheat with quick drying paint. They say that, due to dryer air, it is better to bottle the paint at altitude, but I think that's just an excuse of the producers to get away with using toxic substances for their paint.

Pity the Painting Union is so corrupt :(

May 16, 2012
Visit site
im an pseudo artist that fiddles a little with acrylics so i genuinely can watch paint dry for a long time with interest and participation.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
melkemugg said:
im an pseudo artist that fiddles a little with acrylics so i genuinely can watch paint dry for a long time with interest and participation.

Your commitment seems domestique level painting though if I'm being honest. You need to be push the paint, study the paint, tweak the paint, listen to the paint, you need to be on your easel busting your a$$ 6 hours a day if you want to impress me.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
ChewbaccaD said:
Sure, if by "offensive and deplorable" you mean "freaking awesome!"
I don't think the abuse of inhalants is awesome. It's a very big problem.

avanti said:
The paint that gets on ones skin is the fasted drying.
northstar said:
Watching paint dry is stressful. My favorite paint is blue paint. I really hope the blue paint wins.

Gold is the preferred color but you take what you can get. eh?
tumblr_lrmy8akc2x1qao3k9o1_500.jpg

ChewbaccaD said:

and how is your health now? :confused:

actually I like to paint walls as I am into color...and change.
:)
so I like to roll some paint onto walls that I am bored with and as it dries see what color it actually turns into. :p

awesome

btw it dries really quickly in Colorado in the warm weather

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
When are people going to accept that if we want paint to dry as quickly as the fans demand it, we have to use toxic substances to make it? It's as simple as that.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Caruut said:
When are people going to accept that if we want paint to dry as quickly as the fans demand it, we have to use toxic substances to make it? It's as simple as that.
Take it to the clinic!

TRENDING THREADS