• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

WC 2012: U-23 Men and Elite Women Road Races

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
TheEnoculator said:
But the question was what can keep her motivated. I think she has the potential to become more like a Cancellara. Strong classic-type rider who can do long-range attacks and excel in long TT's. This woman has got an F1 engine in her. Rabo needs to maximize her potential.

Today when she finished the commentators were saying that she will probably start mountainbiking as well... Would be amazing if she managed to become WC in that discipline as well.

jens_attacks said:
2012:---1:33---(Gasparotto-Vanendert-Sagan)
2011:---1:26---(Philippe Gilbert)
2010:---1:31---(Philippe Gilbert)
2009:---1:43---(Sergey Ivanov)
1:41---(Gilbert-Cunego-Kolobnev)
2008:---1:33---(Cunego-F.Schleck)
2007:---1:51---(Stefan Schumacher)
1:46---(Davide Rebellin)
2006---1:47---(Frank Schleck)
2004---2:10---(Davide Rebellin)
1:56---(Bettini-Di Luca-Van Petegem)

Thank you very much.

Panda Claws said:
Thank you very much.

Watch out though, those times aren't comparable. Because in past years they also have gone up the Cauberg without coming straight off the descend. With the run-in through Valkenburg. That way the climb is harder and you start at a way lower pace.

So the times in the worlds will be faster than most AGR normally. Only this year in AGR they also came straight off the descend onto the Cauberg to shorten the distance between Keuteberg/Cauberg. Before that they always went through centrum Valkenburg

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Watch out though, those times aren't comparable. Because in past years they also have gone up the Cauberg without coming straight off the descend. With the run-in through Valkenburg. That way the climb is harder and you start at a way lower pace.

So the times in the worlds will be faster than most AGR normally. Only this year in AGR they also came straight off the descend onto the Cauberg to shorten the distance between Keuteberg/Cauberg. Before that they always went through centrum Valkenburg

I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for pointing it out.

Dekker_Tifosi said:

So from that list only this year was affected ?

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yep 2012 is comparable to the worlds (coming straight off descend)

All other years are not to be compared.

now let's hope jens can get us vos ascension time for the last time over the cauberg and the one when she attacked right at the bottum.

i wouldn't be surprised to see those ascensions around 1:40/1:45. which is a damn nice time.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yep 2012 is comparable to the worlds (coming straight off descend)

All other years are not to be compared.

there are also other factors,maybe more important,indeed the times aren't comparable.launching it at 40 km/h vs 30 km/h how they usually did probably it won't save you lots of seconds

the only important fact is that marianne climbed it extremely fast.
no need for time ascent to see that,she was flying and it was no bunch sprint,she worked the most in the last 30 km

I'm not saying Vos isn't fast. Just saying the times are not comparable with the mens times of, for example, 2004, because the run-in is very different.

And I'm very familiar with the course as I use it as a training route. Coming from that descend if you take the corner well you can carry a lot of speed. Coming from the centre with no descend I'm already almost standing still at the first steep part...because the part in front is already going uphill :D

And a second factor is that a lot of times the sprint on the Cauberg in AGR doesn't get launched from the bottom

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I'm not saying Vos isn't fast. Just saying the times are not comparable with the mens times of, for example, 2004, because the run-in is very different.

And I'm very familiar with the course as I use it as a training route. Coming from that descend if you take the corner well you can carry a lot of speed. Coming from the centre with no descend I'm already almost standing still at the first steep part...because the part in front is already going uphill :D

And a second factor is that a lot of times the sprint on the Cauberg in AGR doesn't get launched from the bottom

This. I think that's what makes the older times much harder to compare with the recent ones.

If you have been watching any of my posts on juniors and riders for the future, I have mentioned young Caleb Ewan a number of times. He beat all the big boys in the Bay Series which is a sprint series in Australia that is run prior to the Tour Down Under. Some serious speedsters race in it and he took everything they threw at him and still won the most sprints. To see that he can climb pretty well is a great bonus and second in the World Juniors makes him a very interesting rider to watch. Hope OGE pick him up when he is of age.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Wilba60 said:
If you have been watching any of my posts on juniors and riders for the future, I have mentioned young Caleb Ewan a number of times. He beat all the big boys in the Bay Series which is a sprint series in Australia that is run prior to the Tour Down Under. Some serious speedsters race in it and he took everything they threw at him and still won the most sprints. To see that he can climb pretty well is a great bonus and second in the World Juniors makes him a very interesting rider to watch. Hope OGE pick him up when he is of age.

He comes of age next year but I think I read somewhere he wants to do some time with the AIS team and make sure he is mentally as well as physically ready, the worst thing he could do is step up to early.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
vos.jpg

TRENDING THREADS