• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Weight Drop

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi i am brand new to forum and a 2nd year rider who does a lot of climbing last year i maintained at a weight of 189 and no matter how many miles i put in i stayed there at that weight now this year i have buckled down and lost roughly 2 and a half kilos I was wondering will this small weight loss make a difference this year in climbing and general riding. BTW I am still eating clean and am confident that i can still drop another 2 kilos I am 5'11

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
When losing weight, or attempting to lose weight, it is important to also monitor your body composition (% body fat). Losing fat will help you improve performance. Losing muscle will not help performance if you are maintaining your fat stores.

Omron makes a bioelectrical impedence body fat analysis device that is easy to use, fast, and inexpensive. There are more accurate means of assessing body fat percentage, but they are all more time consuming, costly, or less accessible.

Dr. Suro