What are Valverde his intents?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Valverde really gonna do something?

  • Bigger chance that vino will jump out of the astana car and attack.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
  • Poll closed .
Jun 4, 2014
762
0
0
I think Valverde will try again,today he attacked from long range but Nibali was just too good.The problem is that he doesn't seem to have the force to change the things and he could even lose his place to Pinot.
 
May 19, 2011
4,857
1
0
MBotero said:
I think Valverde will try again,today he attacked from long range but Nibali was just too good.The problem is that he doesn't seem to have the force to change the things and he could even lose his place to Pinot.
nor the team support, if Fulgsang did not crash, it could very well be Nibbles has more people than he does.
 
Forunculo said:
Ah, that magical moment when a race depends of Valverde's agression:D
+1. LOL.

When the Tour is depending on Valverde's attack that should tell you something about the race.

I am a Colombian and this Tour was not the best for us. But if I try not to be nationalistic, it is going to be one of the worst ever if not the worst in my book. I even enjoyed the Wiggins Tour more because of the rivalry between Froome and Wigo. And I didn't know if Wigo was going to crack. But this is really bad.

I'd put this tour with the 2005 Tour when the Tour was over the first day.
 
Rollthedice said:
Valverde is on the way to one of his greatest performances yet, the only podium he misses, except Giro but that will proly come next year. So, give him a break.
He's still a d-bag and his riding today (apart from his attack) did nothing but stregthen that impression.
 
Forunculo said:
Ah, that magical moment when a race depends of Valverde's agression:D
Best post of the thread.

Netserk said:
2005 was an awesome Tour.
I hated it from the beginning. Or rather, from the day before it began. That car window made for a horrible anticlimax to Ulle's career.

Blahblah something about Valverde for relevance. Go Pinot. How's that?
 
mr. tibbs said:
Best post of the thread.



I hated it from the beginning. Or rather, from the day before it began. That car window made for a horrible anticlimax to Ulle's career.

Blahblah something about Valverde for relevance. Go Pinot. How's that?
I like to see it as he got two wins on his very last race day. :)
 
Jul 9, 2009
517
0
0
Escarabajo said:
+1. LOL.

When the Tour is depending on Valverde's attack that should tell you something about the race.

I am a Colombian and this Tour was not the best for us. But if I try not to be nationalistic, it is going to be one of the worst ever if not the worst in my book. I even enjoyed the Wiggins Tour more because of the rivalry between Froome and Wigo. And I didn't know if Wigo was going to crack. But this is really bad.

I'd put this tour with the 2005 Tour when the Tour was over the first day.
Sadly there have been many boring TDFs and this is one of them. It would have been completely different if the best where actually in the race. Now it's just a B-race.
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,820
1
0
jens_attacks said:
hey he made the move today at least, it was a nice attack

of course he's not at nibali's level but maybe he gets better in the pyrenees. i think he will still try but all in vain
Agree.

I was pleasantly surprised to see him trying something. Unfortunately you can't teach a old dog new tricks and he fell back into his usual strategy after Nibali went away.
 
Mar 13, 2009
2,890
0
0
Afrank said:
Agree.

I was pleasantly surprised to see him trying something. Unfortunately you can't teach a old dog new tricks and he fell back into his usual strategy after Nibali went away.
Also agree, it was the work of Gadret, then Kangert, then Valverde which made the selection, it's something I didn't expect. He left quite a bit of work to Pinot, and maybe it was actually the time to work together limit losses to Nibali and really put distance between themselves and those behind, but he didn't. I wasn't nearly so annoyed when he rode over in 4th as I was when Majka went in 2nd. FFS have a conversation, I'm going for the stage you're looking for the overall, I'll work if you give me the stage...done, or sprint for 1st. At which stage I don't think many would have cared, sprinting for 2nd was just petty. Of course we all eat our words when Majka gets in the break today and wins every mountain and becomes the favourite for KOM.
 
For what it's worth, I think that stunt by Movistar was pathetic. Izagirre pulled for like 500 m, Gadret for some 2 km, it was obvious Gadret wasn't going to last and Valverde would be left alone, and when it inevitably happened Valverde's reaction was to... sit up.

Yeah, good job.
 
hrotha said:
For what it's worth, I think that stunt by Movistar was pathetic. Izagirre pulled for like 500 m, Gadret for some 2 km, it was obvious Gadret wasn't going to last and Valverde would be left alone, and when it inevitably happened Valverde's reaction was to... sit up.

Yeah, good job.
Pathetic. He will NOT podium the Tour.
 
I put Valverde in the same category as Vino. Both won one GT the Vuelta, the weakest one at least until recently. Both are very versatile but neither was really convincing in 3 week races. Classics and one week stage races they were at their best. If they both had concentrated on stage wins instead of GC they would have won many more stages instead of top 10s in the GTs. Valverde should podium but the TT will test him.
 
hrotha said:
For what it's worth, I think that stunt by Movistar was pathetic. Izagirre pulled for like 500 m, Gadret for some 2 km, it was obvious Gadret wasn't going to last and Valverde would be left alone, and when it inevitably happened Valverde's reaction was to... sit up.

Yeah, good job.
Movistar was useless in the first two weeks of the Giro as well. I thought half the team would OTL on the first mountain stage, lol.
Came out very strong after the final rest day.
I expect the same here. Time will tell.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY