• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What beer ya drinkin'?

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
One more week, and school is out.

To celebrate, i might try some of these:p :
Duvel.jpg

widget_dOv57Lf19oAOoaTReqg5M2.jpg

rochefort.jpg

May 6, 2009
Visit site
What does Scott think of Pilsner Urquell? I had a few of them last night for the first time in years (or rather since I was last in the Czech Republic).

A

Anonymous

The Ayinger Brau Weisse reminded me...

I have 5 beers on tap now (left to right) 1) an American Style Wheat w/ 60% wheat malt, low hop rate, standard ale yeast 2) German style "Kristal Weisse" patterned after the Brau Weisse, 55% pale barley malt / 45% wheat malt, 15 IBU hops 3) Scottish Porter 4) Alt bier styled after one from Vienna 5) Anglo American Pale Ale , made from the second runnings of a very strong Old Ale still in the fermenter after 4 weeks... I might put some of the old ale in a bourbon barrel for a few months....

Took the pic about 6AM and since you can't just throw beer away.. I've had my morning ride calories...

14tvxns.jpg

ps I have about 2800 pints of the kristal weisse so i better get started

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Inside joke?

Local BevMO carries this now :D

466_633740363281516250.jpg

Had of the Straffe Hendrik's and a Rochefort 10...

2449581265_b774028245.jpg

No, just finished off a 12 pack.

I have friends that drink the highfalutin stuff. When they're buying it, I'm drinking it.:D

Otherwise I'm perfectly happy with a PBR or its brethren.

A

Anonymous

buckwheat said:
No, just finished off a 12 pack.

I have friends that drink the highfalutin stuff. When they're buying it, I'm drinking it.:D

Otherwise I'm perfectly happy with a PBR or its brethren.

I see.

I'll divulge a secret to you. You can have one or two of the highfalutin beers at the same cost as a 12er of Busch with the same buzz and fewer calories.

You gotta love the Belgians.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
I see.

I'll divulge a secret to you. You can have one or two of the highfalutin beers at the same cost as a 12er of Busch with the same buzz and fewer calories.

You gotta love the Belgians.

Thanks for the concern.

Actually I was applying a variation of that theory with Scotch.

Didn't work out so well.:)

PS, Just reread my initial post and your response. I didn't finish off that 12 pack in one sitting. That was over the course of a week.

It used to be one sitting. I've reformed somewhat.

A

Anonymous

buckwheat said:
Thanks for the concern.

Actually I was applying a variation of that theory with Scotch.

Didn't work out so well.:)

PS, Just reread my initial post and your response. I didn't finish off that 12 pack in one sitting. That was over the course of a week.

It used to be one sitting. I've reformed somewhat.

No worries, glad to help where I can.

Just remember, political discussions are for fun. Beer, however, is serious business.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
brewerjeff said:
I have 5 beers on tap now (left to right) 1) an American Style Wheat w/ 60% wheat malt, low hop rate, standard ale yeast 2) German style "Kristal Weisse" patterned after the Brau Weisse, 55% pale barley malt / 45% wheat malt, 15 IBU hops 3) Scottish Porter 4) Alt bier styled after one from Vienna 5) Anglo American Pale Ale , made from the second runnings of a very strong Old Ale still in the fermenter after 4 weeks... I might put some of the old ale in a bourbon barrel for a few months....

Took the pic about 6AM and since you can't just throw beer away.. I've had my morning ride calories...

14tvxns.jpg

ps I have about 2800 pints of the kristal weisse so i better get started

Looks nice. I'm so luck that I ride or otherwise I would be an alcoholic. Beer is good.

craig1985 said:
Looks nice. I'm so luck that I ride or otherwise I would be an alcoholic. Beer is good.

Well you could be a 'functioning alcoholic'.:cool:
I only mention this because that is what I have been called by a couple of ex-girlfriends, due to my ability to go to work/ do a hard ride/ drink beer/ go to bed/ get up and repeat.:D
But what do ex-girlfriends know anyway?:p

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Well you could be a 'functioning alcoholic'.:cool:
I only mention this because that is what I have been called by a couple of ex-girlfriends, due to my ability to go to work/ do a hard ride/ drink beer/ go to bed/ get up and repeat.:D
But what do ex-girlfriends know anyway?:p

One could say that it was their loss.