• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What beer ya drinkin'?

Page 51 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 20, 2010
Visit site
Garage Project in Wellington brews the best in the country.
Today I have a flagon of Pernicious Weed. Head full of hops and 8%.
Even when I mess around, I don't mess around.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I drank some ridiculously good beer over the Holidays, including this by San Diego's own Alesmith Brewing.

Old Numbskull...

AleSmith-Old-Numbskull.jpg

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
had a Stone Brewing Co (SD) Smoked Porter a couple weeks ago….mmm

and two nights ago another Upslope Foreign Stout :)
picture.php

btw Scott next time I head to SanDiego I'm going to try that ;0

Cool.

They don't always have it, but they make The Old Numbskull that's barrel aged too. Amazing.

images

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Pretty rare beer. Never had the pleasure... Yet.:)

Scott, wish I would have known that. I would have had you join me at Eureka. I ended up with two flights. Good beer, nice triple, but to be honest, I prefer the Elder. I like the bite of the hops.

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Not much of a bourbon guy but I did have a two ounce pour of this because everybody was talking about it…….cost me 55 bucks. It was smooth, I will say that.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
slowoldman said:
Not much of a bourbon guy but I did have a two ounce pour of this because everybody was talking about it…….cost me 55 bucks. It was smooth, I will say that.

Like that stuff.....but here is a secret, the 12 year is better and cheaper. most Wheated Bourbons don't age well. When I was in Kentucky last year I heard they were going to stop making the old stuff so they could get more supply on the market now.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Those two are pretty much my favorite beers ever.

Elder is found without too much trouble. Younger..... isn't.

Truth be told, I'm still developing my luv for hop-centric beer. Something I can't steer clear of is Dogfish Head 90 Minute.

Scott SoCal said:

Truth be told, I'm still developing my luv for hop-centric beer. Something I can't steer clear of is Dogfish Head 90 Minute.
Yes Elder is very good and way more available. A local place had a Younger tapping party a year ago and sold out two kegs in 1/2 hour, or about 10 minutes before my friend and I got there.:( They sold it for the same per glass as the Younger, that seemed like bad business to me. Why not make it last longer and let more people try it?
The hoppier the better!:D Two of my favs are Ballast Point Sculpin and Green Flash West Coast IPA. The Dogfish just tastes a little muddied to me.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Yes Elder is very good and way more available. A local place had a Younger tapping party a year ago and sold out two kegs in 1/2 hour, or about 10 minutes before my friend and I got there.:( They sold it for the same per glass as the Younger, that seemed like bad business to me. Why not make it last longer and let more people try it?
The hoppier the better!:D Two of my favs are Ballast Point Sculpin and Green Flash West Coast IPA. The Dogfish just tastes a little muddied to me.

It's all in the palate. :)

The heavy East-Coast IPA's tend to be a little more malty. Those out here tend to be conditioned more lightly... some use honey as an example.

I really like the floral aroma with most of the West Coast IPA... but sometimes the bitter is a little over the top for me.

Scott SoCal said:

I think I mentioned on the thread some time back that Younger can be found in about 4 or 5 places in SF when it comes out. If you find yourself there that time of year, PM me and I'll send you a list.

I'd take Elder over the Dogfish if forced to choose one for life.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Getting ready for Flanders.

ir17r4.jpg

Vintage (brewed) 2010, consumed March 18, 2014. For you beer geeks, this really is... the very best beer in the world. Seriously. I have stash and I know what I'm talking about.

TRENDING THREADS