• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What beer ya drinkin'?

Page 64 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hey TR, do any of the Boise beers make it over to you? There are plenty of good Boise beers IMO. I rarely post about them because they don't get too far out of town/state, but you might be close enough to see some.
I think I might have seen Edge beer here in town, but not sure if you would call it a craft beer.

I'll keep an eye out for Boise beer, are there any specific breweries or beers you have in mind?

I had never heard of White Claw, it sounds like a remedy for an upset stomach. And the $28 per bottle Bourbon Barrel Aged Bananaversary Imperial Stout doesn't sound much better, it sounds like it might taste like Four Loko or a piña colada. (Not there's anything wrong with piña coladas, I actually like some of the more foo-foo umbrella drinks. But don't want my beer to taste all foo-foo.)

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
I think I might have seen Edge beer here in town, but not sure if you would call it a craft beer.

I'll keep an eye out for Boise beer, are there any specific breweries or beers you have in mind?
Sockeye (Angel's Perch, Hell Diver, Dagger Falls) and Woodland (City of Trees) are my two favorites. Bear Island (Idaho Potato Ale), Powderhaus, Lost Grove. Ram, and Edge are also good, not to mention several small places that only have beer on tap (so obviously you can't get those). There are several like Boise Brewing, Payette, others, that I drink if I'm at their place, but don't necessarily buy it for home consumption.

Mountain-Goat-Pale-Ale-16-9587-1.png

Sockeye (Angel's Perch, Hell Diver, Dagger Falls) and Woodland (City of Trees) are my two favorites. Bear Island (Idaho Potato Ale), Powderhaus, Lost Grove. Ram, and Edge are also good, not to mention several small places that only have beer on tap (so obviously you can't get those). There are several like Boise Brewing, Payette, others, that I drink if I'm at their place, but don't necessarily buy it for home consumption.
That's quite a list, I didn't know Idaho produced so much craft beer. Think I'll ask the sommelier at Market of Choice next time I go there, in addition to fine wine he also orders the beer, and he apparently rotates his orders according to season, popularity, and sales. So I'll let you know what I find out.

Reactions: jmdirt
That's quite a list, I didn't know Idaho produced so much craft beer. Think I'll ask the sommelier at Market of Choice next time I go there, in addition to fine wine he also orders the beer, and he apparently rotates his orders according to season, popularity, and sales. So I'll let you know what I find out.
That's only a partial list of Boise beer. There are some good beers from other parts of the state too. Per capita, Idaho does really well beer wise IMO! If you are going to special order something, see if they can get the Bear Island Idaho Potato Ale since its a bit unique (in taste and to the state).

That's only a partial list of Boise beer. There are some good beers from other parts of the state too. Per capita, Idaho does really well beer wise IMO! If you are going to special order something, see if they can get the Bear Island Idaho Potato Ale since its a bit unique (in taste and to the state).
So I finally made it to Market of Choice and talked to the beer steward, he moved here from Coeur d'Alene several years ago, so I'm sure he probably knows quite a bit about Idaho beer. He said he occasionally orders some beer from your state, but the microbreweries are too small and the demand just isn't big enough here in Eugene. But, he did at least have one Boise beer on hand - Woodland Empire's Big Sticky red IPA.

I was a bit hesitant because it comes in a can but still bought it, it's actually nice and flavorful. And though it does come in a can I think the sticker is pretty cool.

Reactions: jmdirt
Guys! What are you doing? I'm not really drinking much beer, but if I do, there are basically these options:
Paulaner. And Paulaner mixed with banana-juice, my favourite in the summer.
Beck's. And Beck's Green Lemon.
Or, if I go out, Guinness.
(Fever Tree) Ginger Beer.

You all drink the weirdest stuff. ;)

Guys! What are you doing? I'm not really drinking much beer, but if I do, there are basically these options:
Paulaner. And Paulaner mixed with banana-juice, my favourite in the summer.
Beck's. And Beck's Green Lemon.
Or, if I go out, Guinness.
(Fever Tree) Ginger Beer.

You all drink the weirdest stuff. ;)
I love fruit and I love beer, but I don't like the two mixed together.

Reactions: BlueRoads
Some collogues got me a variety case of beer to drink while I recover from surgery (does that make it medicine?. Its from Mother Earth Brewing, and I have tasted most of their beers, but not their lager because I tend not to enjoy clear beer. The Tierra Madre Lager is good. IMO it would be even better on a 100 degree day.

Tricycle Rider, you should be able to get this one near you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts