• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What beer ya drinkin'?

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BEAUTY is in the eye of the BEER HOLDER

tumblr_lwy16gq5ft1qjecr3.jpg

Should have posted earlier, but there was a Dogfish head tap takeover at a local bar last week.

120 minute head featured, and I think lived up to the hype. Masked its 18% well enough. I also had the *****es brew, which I also liked, but was left wanting more body from this RIS. Also tried their Barley Wine, which I'm never really a fan of, but it was good, as well as their Immort Ale, which was really good.

EDIT: Hmm, I got censored, but it really is called is Miles Davis' Bitc.hes Brew

More Strides than Rides said:
Should have posted earlier, but there was a Dogfish head tap takeover at a local bar last week.

120 minute head featured, and I think lived up to the hype. Masked its 18% well enough. I also had the *****es brew, which I also liked, but was left wanting more body from this RIS. Also tried their Barley Wine, which I'm never really a fan of, but it was good, as well as their Immort Ale, which was really good.

EDIT: Hmm, I got censored, but it really is called is Miles Davis' Bitc.hes Brew

A few people hit the deck one of the first times Dogfish Worldwide Stout went up on tap in the northeast. Served in pint glasses I think without limits.

Had a couple bottles of the Greenflash double stout today. Not quite as distinctive as I would've hoped from them.

Went to a regional brewfest this afternoon, and sampled some wonderful beers. I tried a bunch, but the standout ones were the Ta Henket from dogfish head, Goose Island Sofie, Oskar Blues G'Knight. Three Heads Brewing also had a good IPA and a beer called Bromigo.

The Ta Henket stood out the most; like an Egyptian Bakery, very herbal and bready. It was good, and as trippy as you would expect from Dogfish Head.

A fun time all around.

Visited Yakima Craft Brewing microbrewery and Tap Room yesterday (http://www.yakimacraftbrewing.com/home.html). It's a small 3.5 BBL process, but are making plans to expand to 20. But man do they make real good beer of different kinds (labels in parenth.), from pale ale (Pale Ale) to belgian style (Good Monkey, and Bad Monkey) and stout (Twin Stag). The belgian labels got the 'Monkey' name because they have a slight banana flavor from the yeast... banana is not an ingredient. It goes down smooth, but at 8.2% alcohol will sneak up on you (the 'Bad' part and 'Good' part of the label) . Bad Monkey is a season product around Christmas that has some added spices that adds a very nice flavor.

MY FAVORITE though was the IPA, which is an A+ rated brew. The sample I had in the tap room had an IBU content of about 102 (highter than the website's 78 IBU content). But it was not bitter!!! It was a real smooth blend of malt and grains (they use lots of grain in the Mash Tun). It had a very pleasant smooth hop flavor.
picture.php

You want a REAL hoppy flavor? Then VERN is for you... with an astounding 115 IBU content in the Tap Room. That was too much for me, but not enough to turn my nose up against, and is still better than any Bud, Miller, or other common beer in supermarkets.

On this Friday afternoon while I was in the Tap Room, a lot of folks came in to have their growlers refilled with their favorite right from the tap. Sweet.

If you can get their beer, do it. But if you call them asking how to get it they will probably say "Come to Yakima". All of their bottled product are 22 ounces... perfect for me.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
My face is presently being melted off!!! :eek: Bling for added effect, in my favorite glass of course. 6 kinds of hot chili peppers including the infamous ghost pepper. Krebs303, comments on the ghost pepper? ;)

L1030099.JPG

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Looks like flyor64 had a nice day.

I did!!!

You know what though, I did not like the Kasteel. At 11% ABV all I could taste was the alcohol and it had a "sweet" taste at that...drank it begrudgingly :rolleyes:

The Westmalle was my fav...I returned to that glass many times in the 24 hours I was there :D

TRENDING THREADS