• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What beer ya drinkin'?

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
good and cheap

Murphys%252520Stout%2525204pk%252520Cans%252520WEB.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Had some Golden Carolus(keizer blau)..forgot to mention this beer is only brewed on Feb. 24th, 1 day a year.
and Mestreechs aajt this evening with dinner. Both were great.

A

Anonymous

It was cold and rainy last night.... one of my favorites for this weather;

abyss-2011.jpg

Brooding, malty chocolate with anise and coffee... very complex. Don't drink it too cold (50 to 55 degrees) and be careful as it's 11% ABV.

I'm quickly becoming quite a Deschutes Brewery fan (although I hear they just lost their head brewmaster... started his own business).

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
It was cold and rainy last night.... one of my favorites for this weather;

abyss-2011.jpg

Brooding, malty chocolate with anise and coffee... very complex. Don't drink it too cold (50 to 55 degrees) and be careful as it's 11% ABV.

I'm quickly becoming quite a Deschutes Brewery fan (although I hear they just lost their head brewmaster... started his own business).

This sounds really good, where do you find it?
:):)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Hmm, that deschutes/abyss looks amazing. Is it on the sweeter side, or is it more bitter?

images

Just a nice beer for when you are thirsty. The quantity in the can is about right too.

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm putting an order in shortly to import a few things, including a case of Haandbryggeriet's Dark Force. Apparently, it's the World's only Imperial Wheat Stout.

Anybody out there tried that one?

Last race of the season a few days ago, so I have a good bunch to post...

A few winter seasonals, with dark lagers and bocks just to fit in. I had a few others at different places, but it was too long ago to remember.

Generally arranged in preference. The last two were very similar. I found out my friend's brother-in-law's brother is the brew master at Troegs, and he gets free cases every year over christmas time. Expect a few more to pop up in the next few weeks

Barbarossa Double Dark Lager

images

Troegenator

images

Christkindl

images

Old Man

images

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
L'arriviste said:
Wheat stout? Worth ordering just to try that out. Let us know how it goes if you do!

Indeed! I think it will take a couple of months to get here, but I'm sure I can find something good to drink while I wait :)

That said, I think the provincial liquour control board here in Ontario, Canada, has Konigshoeven Quad and Unibroue 17 for sale... just not in my neck of the woods yet. Hope it gets here soon!

A

Anonymous

Bag_O_Wallet said:
Indeed! I think it will take a couple of months to get here, but I'm sure I can find something good to drink while I wait :)

That said, I think the provincial liquour control board here in Ontario, Canada, has Konigshoeven Quad and Unibroue 17 for sale... just not in my neck of the woods yet. Hope it gets here soon!

Fantastic Trappist beer. A few days after the Ronde in 2012 I will be on a brewery tour there and surely will wind up at the tasting room for a healthy lunch.

left_4.png

left_M23_3.png

Bag_O_Wallet said:
I'm putting an order in shortly to import a few things, including a case of Haandbryggeriet's Dark Force. Apparently, it's the World's only Imperial Wheat Stout.

Anybody out there tried that one?

Yes, it's actually really nice. It has the depth and most of the body of a stout, but the wheat seems to make it sit differently on the tongue.