• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What can Sagan achieve in RIO in MTB race?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What can Sagan achieve in OG MTB race?

• He should race the OG RR

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • DNF

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • TOP 20

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • TOP 10

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • TOP 5

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • podium

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • winner

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
Re: Re:

MacBAir said:
Lance Armstrong said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Someone in this thread predicted that he would start out guns blazing but fade later on, though. Let's see if he's right.
Yes he will. I think, he'll finish around 15-th place.
Doesn't Sagan have by far more stamina than all of them? He might not keep up with those accelerations but he can go at his own pace much longer. no?
I'm by no means a MTB expert, but I don't think it favors Sagan. He's not used to riding at 100% for 1,5 hours.

Re:

burning said:
It was probably his fault to have that puncture but he looked really impressive for 15 mins
I'm no expert at MTB, but he did look a level below the others technically - having to rely on his power more to close gaps. Surely that would have caught up with him later in the race.

What the start showed is that he's really good at sprinting. But we knew that already.

MacBAir said:
burning said:
It was probably his fault to have that puncture but he looked really impressive for 15 mins
How the f*** can you say this? It could be his fault, but probably?

To quote Roger de Vlaeminck:

When you’re really fit, you rarely get a flat tyre because you’re more lucid. I had a puncture once, in 1970, and then never again in 10 years. The other secret is confidence. I often started with the idea that I was going to win. I missed my chance once or twice but no more than that.

It is very likely that the puncture is caused by his mistake, I doubt that Schurter will have any punctures in this race.

burning said:
MacBAir said:
burning said:

When you’re really fit, you rarely get a flat tyre because you’re more lucid. I had a puncture once, in 1970, and then never again in 10 years. The other secret is confidence. I often started with the idea that I was going to win. I missed my chance once or twice but no more than that.

It is very likely that the puncture is caused by his mistake, I doubt that Schurter will have any punctures in this race.

I don't believe RdV on that account for one second.

Seems highly exaggerated.

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

burning said:
MacBAir said:
burning said:

Roger is a clueless old fart that does nothing more than to criticize modern riders that are actually professional and specialized.

Sagan seemed to rely more on power, true, but in no way was he responsible for that (as far as we could see). Sagan was amazing until the flat. He seemed to have a lot more left, too.

TRENDING THREADS