• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What could this be?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Their new bartape shaves off a 0.01% of the total bike weight, while offering an exceedingly aerodynamic advantage, that they are afraid they can't even use it on stages with descends.

Moreover, the latest developments in the R&D department are hinting at a 0.333 watt increase by switching to a chain produced with NASA signature composites.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
A gluten free version of Captain Crunch with rice based crunch berries is soon to be released.

Post of the month and it is only the beginning of October! ROTFLMAO!

Twitter to become the official sponsors of the Tour of Cali?

What a tantalizing tweet.
Come on JV1973, you are registered.
Stick some cryptic clues in the clinic.
Don't keep us all in suspenders....
(although it does sound like Contador could be coming to town.)

auscyclefan94 said:
Will they be able to afford him? With AC's sigining do you think Wiggins is left?

Afford him? Hell yeah. Murdoch is paying and at last count he's still $19 billion up even after the credit crunch.

To get Wiggins to Sky the deal was to bail Contador out of his "situation".

He's agreed to move to Girona as well. Pinto as only about 2 hours away.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Rupert Murdoch? Could you please explain to me how he fits into this whole deal? He doesn't own Garmin or Slipstream, does he? Or is he responsible for some extra sponsorship?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
To me, it reads more like a sponsor new to the sport than a rider. Moving up from a Wigan to a Manchester Utd to keep Wiggins happy? :rolleyes:

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
none of the above.

folks don’t forget that jv is the president of the AIGCP. i think his message is related to some uci rule change where jv’s team already pioneered. something about riders’ rights or anti doping where gt organizers figure too.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
The most obvious is that Astana has lost it's Pro Tour license and Contador is coming to Garmin.

The other possibility is Valverde is going down. He did say today that his season was over.

A

Anonymous

thehog said:
I'm gunna shoot my load.

Contador is flying in to town!!!!

he said good news for cycling in general... not sure how that relates..

A

Anonymous

Race Radio said:
The other possibility is Valverde is going down. He did say today that his season was over.

wishful thinking.. but we can all live in dope... sorry.. hope...

dont know why that benefits garmin though... i assume its a doping or riders rights issue as suggested above..

A

Anonymous

Is that even JV's real twitter account?

It looks a bit dodgey. 4-5 postings during the WC road race, plus the photo is weird :confused: just doesn't seem like the real JV, but maybe i'm wrong. thoughts?

If it is real, I hope its Astana loses licence = get out clause for contador = garmin wears #1 at le tour = wiggins to sky and throw his bike for not making top 5 = very competitive tour either way

Bluebeard said:
Monica Belucci photographed draped across an argyled up bike?

At your service, Bluebeard...

2mnn3oj.jpg

TRENDING THREADS