• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What do you think of the Dr Maserati permaban?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should Dr. Maserati have been permabanned?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Scott SoCal said:
Not ridiculous at all. It's called moderation.

And to be perfectly clear, Mas should have been given more consideration than say someone like me. He brings much more to this forum than I do.

No, it's advocating special rules for one poster and involving the editor every time he has a problem, it's ridiculous. We all have to live inside the rules, Dr Mas knew that and knew what he did was wrong and t wasn't the first time.

I also don't think he should be given more consideration, he may bring more than we do but I'm sure he also ties up much more of the mods time.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer he was here, but at some point you have to make a decision if someone is constantly disruptive, that seems to have been the tack taken.

WOW! I go away for a few days, and the Dr gets the hook?(no pun intended). He was a valued and good poster IMO. I think he should be re-instated, take that FWIW.

Fausto's Schnauzer said:
However this place is absolute heaven compared to the North Korea that RoadbikeReview has become under its evil despot. :mad:

LOL, I concur. That ******bag "Local Hero" who posts there is just awful.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Like I said...Maserati could lose it. And he surely did.

Yes, Mas lost it. But his "manifesto" only stated he was beyond moderation by Berzin. There's a difference particularly if what Mas stated was happening.

Perma-bann for that is well beyond what should have happened. Surely we can all agree to this.

Scott SoCal said:
Not exactly. I'll highlight what you missed;

And I'm not even an attorney.

What are you saying here? Berzin is mod. Dr. Mas stated in so many words Berzin didn't have the right to moderate where Dr. Mas was concerned. Therefore Dr. Mas was saying he won't allow himself to be moderated. Far from the first time he's done it. Looks like he was wrong.

Ultimatums have a way of garnering reactions people don't like.

Dr. Mas is the one who pushed it way over the line. Yes, the mods could have ignored it. Do you know how many times they already have? How much time they've wasted trying to explain this to Dr. Mas? I don't. I guarantee you it's a lot.

Seems pretty simple to me, if he wanted to be a member he would have simply addressed his points to Daniel Benson directly. Clearly he wanted to make a public point. I'm sure he's lapping up all this attention now, and has achieved his goal of making a bit stink.

Not particularly productive or good for the forum, but I'm sure he's enjoying it on some level.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
King Boonen said:
No, it's advocating special rules for one poster and involving the editor every time he has a problem, it's ridiculous. We all have to live inside the rules, Dr Mas knew that and knew what he did was wrong and t wasn't the first time.

I also don't think he should be given more consideration, he may bring more than we do but I'm sure he also ties up much more of the mods time.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer he was here, but at some point you have to make a decision if someone is constantly disruptive, that seems to have been the tack taken.

The rules are not applied the same in every thread and not applied the same to every poster. It's called moderation, in fact the rules are not applied the same by each moderator.

This site should realize the value that someone like Mas brings and adjust accordingly. That Mas had a run-in with ONE moderator doesn't mean the moderator has no culpability in what the outcome was. Mas is more valuable as a member of this forum than Berzin. Simple as that.

We all have to live inside the rules

Yep. Including the mods.

Scott SoCal said:
Yes, Mas lost it. But his "manifesto" only stated he was beyond moderation by Berzin. There's a difference particularly if what Mas stated was happening.

Apparently not:

(And if any other mod interferes with this post they will suffer the same fate)

And I'd be confused if someone claimed it made sense for members to decide which mods had rights to moderate their posts. Or is it only OK for Dr. Mas? You have to laugh at the hubris.

That said I hope he finds his way back. He knows the path. Up to him.

Scott SoCal said:
The rules are not applied the same in every thread and not applied the same to every poster. It's called moderation, in fact the rules are not applied the same by each moderator.

This site should realize the value that someone like Mas brings and adjust accordingly. That Mas had a run-in with ONE moderator doesn't mean the moderator has no culpability in what the outcome was. Mas is more valuable as a member of this forum than Berzin. Simple as that.

Yep. Including the mods.

Berzin is a very bad mod.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
red_flanders said:
What are you saying here? Berzin is mod. Dr. Mas stated in so many words Berzin didn't have the right to moderate where Dr. Mas was concerned. Therefore Dr. Mas was saying he won't allow himself to be moderated. Far from the first time he's done it. Looks like he was wrong.

Ultimatums have a way of garnering reactions people don't like.

Dr. Mas is the one who pushed it way over the line. Yes, the mods could have ignored it. Do you know how many times they already have? How much time they've wasted trying to explain this to Dr. Mas? I don't. I guarantee you it's a lot.

Seems pretty simple to me, if he wanted to be a member he would have simply addressed his points to Daniel Benson directly. Clearly he wanted to make a public point. I'm sure he's lapping up all this attention now, and has achieved his goal of making a bit stink.

Not particularly productive or good for the forum, but I'm sure he's enjoying it on some level.

What are you saying here? Berzin is mod. Dr. Mas stated in so many words Berzin didn't have the right to moderate where Dr. Mas was concerned. Therefore Dr. Mas was saying he won't allow himself to be moderated.

He called out Berzin. Berzin isn't the only mod. Mas said he wouldn't be moderated by Berzin, not that he wouldn't be moderated.

Dr. Mas is the one who pushed it way over the line.

I'm not sure that is known. Does Mas strike you as the type that would do what he did for no reason?

The perma-bann has caused the stink. Mas didn't do that.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Apparently not:

And I'd be confused if someone claimed it made sense for members to decide which mods had rights to moderate their posts. Or is it only OK for Dr. Mas? You have to laugh at the hubris.

That said I hope he finds his way back. He knows the path. Up to him.

(And if any other mod interferes with this post they will suffer the same fate)

What part of this post are you missing? Additionally, what fate was he talking about? Going to Dan with what he felt was unfair moderation.

ebandit said:
the salient point is very true............members can't pick and choose

Mark L

The salient point is entirely negated by your absurd example. It is specifically against forum rules to tell any member to FOAD, Amsterhammer found that out with a one month ban. Apparently suggesting that a particular mod is a bad mod and has it out for someone is a worse offense.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Maserati's last little manifesto was his declaration that he was beyond moderation. The only response to that is a ban. Maserati is truly beyond moderation now.

Maserati can't let anything go. The Vortex is the best example of that. Sometimes he can definitely lose it if the argument goes on for too long, or if it's not going too well for him. That obsessive trait of his can definitely be exploited for fun and amusement.

But to exploit it far enough to cause a ban? That's just cruel. And I think that happened here.

I'm going to miss the Doctor.

It was pretty obvious that Berzin knew what he was doing.

I mean, is there any better way to wind up the vortex than deleting its borderline off topic posts, while posting off topic yourself?

So all in all, Dr Mas should get a short ban for losing his mind, and Berzin should stop being an awful mod.