• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What Happened to Jackhammer111?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tough on you Amsterhammer, I will back you up, Amsterhammer is not Jackhammer, he is a West Ham(English Soccer club) fan, going by his avetar and lives in Amsterdam, West Ham United are known as the Hammers, hence the name.

Jackhammer was very obviously from the US/North America, I dont think any non US fan would ever defend Lance the way he did.

Jack was from Ohio. Remember, he challenged BroDeal and a few others to meet him there for a fist fight.

Escarabajo said:
I now this is probably out of topic, but haven’t you notice that the "Lance Fans" accuse us of being very moody, but in reality it looks like they can not take that Lance Armstrong doped? ...An example os a fan accepting that he doped but still like the guy is Ninety5rpm.

Actually, guys like Ninety5 and Amsterhammer are very reasonable. They don't live in denial, and are objective with their posts. Ninety5 has made some very good posts analyzing the racing of late.

I have a friend who kind of likes Lance and is similar. He doesn't run around naive, just says he doesn't think Lance dopes more than anyone else. Likes his passion for winning, and doesn't mind his in your face style, calls it part of his sports character. I take it to be sort of like a heel in pro-wrestling, the way they have a lot of fans. :)

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Jack was from Ohio. Remember, he challenged BroDeal and a few others to meet him there for a fist fight.

Actually, guys like Ninety5 and Amsterhammer are very reasonable. They don't live in denial, and are objective with their posts. Ninety5 has made some very good posts analyzing the racing of late.

Damning with faint praise, eh? ;)

Funnily enough, TFF, with whom I had regular skirmishes when I first started posting here, can certainly confirm that any similarity stops at the word 'hammer'.

Pmcg76 is right, of course. I explained my handle in my introductory post in the, er, Introductions forum. I now realize that nobody ever looks in there.

I also spell both ways, US and UK, depending on where or to whom I'm writing - which often gets confusing around here since I'm not totally sure about which side of the Atlantic certain posters are from. You can usually tell the Aussies, though.:D

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
I now this is probably out of topic, but haven’t you notice that the "Lance Fans" accuse us of being very moody, but in reality it looks like they can not take that Lance Armstrong doped? And as a "Defense Mechanism" try to put the blame on: "You guys only want to talk about doping", "Why you watch the sport", "You people don't have evidence", blah, blah, blah. Very few, a mean very few, accept that he doped and like the guy. An example os a fan accepting that he doped but still like the guy is Ninety5rpm.

From what I hear from them they don't know much about cycling so it is a good assumption to make that they will be gone in 2 weeks.

I would put myself on that list.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Parrot23 said:
He's still around. Posted a few times as something like "CaptainCircleJerk". And "Amsterhammer" is possibly another of his personalities (linguistic similarities: eg. both like the word "cute", etc., and other things)..

Yeah... :)

A

Anonymous

Its not Amster.

Past that, I can indeed be a jerk, but his threat was proof positive that the guy had psychological issues. I made a reference to his girlfriend being his right hand, and he went ballistic. I guess I struck a nerve. And by "nerve," I mean "truth."

Actually, you just make pointed comments, and sometimes yank peoples chain for fun. I mean, it's an internet forum after all. If we can't laugh at life, and ourselves from time to time...

Jack definitely had psychological issues beyond just anger management and his threats. Just like the comments earlier about his losing a relative to cancer, coming on here and posting while in tears and shaking, and yet still being antagonizing. That's not normal behavior. That's not normal anything.

jackhammer111 is still around just check the Pro Race forums on Bike Radar, he is still jumping on anyone who dirty's the sir lance alot name on those forums and is in complete deniel with any evidence against it. He still spews his sir lance never doped garbage. He is almost as bad as bobby drivel on these boards.

Hey theres a thought maybe he is Robert Merviel (or however it is spelled)

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
Good to know that. Thanks Craig.

I more look at the riding style of the guy. Stuff like pedaling style, bike handling skills, you can dope as much as you like but it doesn't change how you pedal or how you handle a bike or knowing to always ride near the front of a bunch. Stuff like training as well (no including doping, you still have to do the miles on the road, even with dope).

But I don't like stuff like blacklisting journalists who don't sing your praises, enforcing omarta (mind you Bassons team FDJ also chased him down in the 1999 Tour, guess they wanted to enforce omarta), incriminating evidence, crappy denials (for a man who is not an idiot, you would think he could do better denials) etc. And there is so much verbal cocksucking from Phil and Paul that one can listen to on TV.

A

Anonymous

im not jackhammer either :D

but i dont think hes compeltely gone..