• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What happened to transparency?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I've been following Basso on the Mapei site, and noticed something strange. Up until the Giro last year he was posting training, racing, and blood test data and then after May last year...nothing.

Why not?

EDIT, that's nothing until feb 2011

karlboss said:
I've been following Basso on the Mapei site, and noticed something strange. Up until the Giro last year he was posting training, racing, and blood test data and then after May last year...nothing.

Why not?

EDIT, that's nothing until feb 2011

Hmm, I seem to remember checking his Giro 2010 numbers, but that was a long time ago.

karlboss said:

Why not?

Haven't you heard? There is no more doping in cycling. It is impossible to get away with it. Transparency is no longer needed.

blackcat said:
went out w/ the dopin.
nice play on word

BroDeal said:
Haven't you heard? There is no more doping in cycling. It is impossible to get away with it. Transparency is no longer needed.

Basso is no longer part of the 1%. And, he never was. Yes, he was borderline, storing up all that blood just in case.

But, that blood is all gone now. It is only the bad dopers like Ricco that remain. The kind that will blood dope themselves. This is proof that we have won the war.

Dave.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Resurrection

So I went back to the Mapei site after figuring following a rider was dead and Note that Basso posted his 2009 data and 2011, but no 2010.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Nothing happened to transparency. First, you were looking at a wall, but it had writings on it (supposedly true blood values), now you're looking at a wall, but it's surface is empty. The transparency of the wall remained the same...

TRENDING THREADS