• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What has happened to the forum????

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

sam said:
King of Fife said:
Still can't long into my King Boonen account, Captcha doesn't work. Any help?

Captcha doesn't work?

King of Fife said:
Yes. I tried to remember my King Boonen password but couldn't and got to the point where I was required to do the captcha to attempt to log in. I got Ferryman to change my password (again...) to something else but I am unable to log in as whenever I fill in the captcha it just takes me back to the log in screen with all of the fields empty.

Any ideas what's going on? I don't really like posting from this account but have done a little bit in the gear sub forum.

Ground control to Major Tom?

sam

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site

King of Fife said:
sam said:
King of Fife said:

Captcha doesn't work?

King of Fife said:
Yes. I tried to remember my King Boonen password but couldn't and got to the point where I was required to do the captcha to attempt to log in. I got Ferryman to change my password (again...) to something else but I am unable to log in as whenever I fill in the captcha it just takes me back to the log in screen with all of the fields empty.

Any ideas what's going on? I don't really like posting from this account but have done a little bit in the gear sub forum.

Any luck, I sent you a password reminder too

sam said:
King of Fife said:
sam said:
King of Fife said:

Captcha doesn't work?

King of Fife said:

Any luck, I sent you a password reminder too

I'm in!!

Thank you very much for the help. I'm still not getting emails but I think that might be because of my email server as I get the emails for the King of Fife account. I'll probably set up a new email account for this one which should solve the problem.

Many thanks for the help, I will try and make sure I don't forget this password!

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
FYI

I was just at the bottom of the last page of the UK election topic, where I saw this under users browsing this forum -

Amsterhammer, Google Adsense [Bot] and 8 guests

Pete

Administrator
Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Amsterhammer said:
FYI

I was just at the bottom of the last page of the UK election topic, where I saw this under users browsing this forum -

Not sure what you're drawing our attention to here - could you please elaborate?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site

Carols said:
Pete said:
Amsterhammer said:
FYI

Not sure what you're drawing our attention to here - could you please elaborate?

I would hazard a guess that he was inquiring why an advertising Bot had an account

Exactly.

Pete

Administrator
Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Ah, I can see where the confusion might be.

The Google Adsense Bot is not an "advertising bot" in the sense that it comes to post advertisements. It's a search engine bot, which looks through the forum and helps Google index the pages. There are a number of different bots that crawl the forum at regular intervals for Google and other search engines / services.

Accounts with [Bot] at the end of their name (and a different colour username, I believe) are not the same as user accounts, and cannot post. Actual spammers or other nefarious spam advertisers aren't able to make [Bot] accounts (and if they did, I doubt they'd flag them as being so in their username!).

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Pete said:
Ah, I can see where the confusion might be.

The Google Adsense Bot is not an "advertising bot" in the sense that it comes to post advertisements. It's a search engine bot, which looks through the forum and helps Google index the pages. There are a number of different bots that crawl the forum at regular intervals for Google and other search engines / services.

Accounts with [Bot] at the end of their name (and a different colour username, I believe) are not the same as user accounts, and cannot post. Actual spammers or other nefarious spam advertisers aren't able to make [Bot] accounts (and if they did, I doubt they'd flag them as being so in their username!).

That was exactly my 'confusion'. Thanks for the explanation, Pete.

Re:

lemon cheese cake said:
The polls are still broken. Are they ever going to be fixed???

In the meantime, while they are not properly fixed, there's a way to get around it. Normally create your thread with the poll, then edit and copy the entries to clipboard, delete the poll (this includes poll title and entries), save it, edit it again and re create your poll. It will work.

On a similar note, does this software allow to make polls public?

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Please change the avatar uploading system - I just spent 30 minutes trying to downsize pictures and I now have some pictures that fit within the required 90x90 pixels - but they are above 6kB in size so I cannot upload them :mad:

I think if you keep importing your resized picture into paint and then export it as a .jpg it will lose quality each time. Not sure, but give it a try.

BigMac said:
LaFlorecita said:
Please change the avatar uploading system - I just spent 30 minutes trying to downsize pictures and I now have some pictures that fit within the required 90x90 pixels - but they are above 6kB in size so I cannot upload them :mad:

I think if you keep importing your resized picture into paint and then export it as a .jpg it will lose quality each time. Not sure, but give it a try.
Thanks BigMac I am not sure what that means and how it works though :p but I just found a picture that is below 6kB after I resize it to 90 pixels
I still do not understand why we cannot have an automatic picture resize mechanism like on the old forum.

LaFlorecita said:
BigMac said:
LaFlorecita said:

Thanks BigMac I am not sure what that means and how it works though :p but I just found a picture that is below 6kB after I resize it to 90 pixels
I still do not understand why we cannot have an automatic picture resize mechanism like on the old forum.

Ye I also think it sucks, the old format was much more user friendly and didn't assume we had hours to spend around it. I mean, put your redimentioned avie on paint, save it as a .jpg, then repeat this process (with the most recent save) until the size of the image is down enough. It should lose some quality each time you do it and then get lighter. Not sure it works.

BigMac said:
Ye I also think it sucks, the old format was much more user friendly and didn't assume we had hours to spend around it. I mean, put your redimentioned avie on paint, save it as a .jpg, then repeat this process (with the most recent save) until the size of the image is down enough. It should lose some quality each time you do it and then get lighter. Not sure it works.
Hmmm but my images are already .jpg I think.. anyway it worked now, we will see how long I will struggle next time I decide to change my avatar :p

LaFlorecita said:
BigMac said:
Hmmm but my images are already .jpg I think.. anyway it worked now, we will see how long I will struggle next time I decide to change my avatar :p

Ye but it should work anyway. To finish it off, let me just say how ugly your avatar is. :p

BigMac said:
LaFlorecita said:

Yep, the quality gets worse. Use mine as an example.

lemon cheese cake said:
BigMac said:
LaFlorecita said:

The pixels :D :p

LaFlorecita said:
lemon cheese cake said:
BigMac said:
LaFlorecita said:

The pixels :D :p

Stybar looks like Popeye there.