• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

what has happened to this website...

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Please, do something about the new ad popups! I can not read an entire article. A pop up comes up every few seconds! If I can't read an article there is no need to come to cyclingnews!

sam

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
slopoke said:
Please, do something about the new ad popups! I can not read an entire article. A pop up comes up every few seconds! If I can't read an article there is no need to come to cyclingnews!

Hi could you explain what you mean by "new ad popups" could you screenshot it so we can understand a little more please.

sam said:
slopoke said:

Hi could you explain what you mean by "new ad popups" could you screenshot it so we can understand a little more please.

I don't know if this is what slopoke was referring to, but I am now getting "streaming" popup ads, appearing in the upper right hand side of the page (on a pc), when I open a new article to read. And I don't see an easy way to halt or pause the ad so I can read in peace. If this continues, I absolutely will not use your site while at work (perhaps you're in cahoots with my employer?) because streaming is not allowed even if I'm "off the clock" on a break.

ESPN has long had the same type of streaming video when you open an article, but the "stop/pause" button is easily visible so I can turn it off.

Re:

shalgo said:
In the past week, I have been getting redirects to the App Store and some very sketchy-looking popover ads when accessing the site from a mobile device. I never had these things happen before.

Once again today, I keep getting redirected to ads that lead to the app store when accessing the forum on an iphone. It has happened once just while typing this message.

TRENDING THREADS