• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What have you bought for yorself lately?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
I might not be completely correct, but pretty sure that the Lynskey brothers were the ones who started Lightspeed. So any of the old Lightspeeds, or early Merckx Ti bikes (Ti Ax/Ex, not the Majestic) were made by the Lynskeys.

You would be correct sir. David Lynskey founded Litespeed...at some point American Bicycle Group bought it from him.

I've heard he took a break from the game, came to miss it again, and founded Lynskey (I imagine he would have had to wait some amount of years before starting up a competitor to Litespeed)...although I've only heard this so not sure how true that part is.

Both companies are in/around Chatanooga, Tennessee...which is pretty cool.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Are you from the Chatanooga area flyor?

I have to urge people to stop talking up the Lynskey bikes or, because of my impulse buying habit, I know I will buy one :p:D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Are you from the Chatanooga area flyor?

I have to urge people to stop talking up the Lynskey bikes or, because of my impulse buying habit, I know I will buy one :p:D

No I'm not actually from Chatanooga...lived about 80 miles away from there at one time. It's a cool town though.

In a bit of irony I guess, I bought this Lynskey about 6000ish miles from Chatanooga...

FWIW my bike weighed 7,3 kgs before I changed out the seat and wheelset...now I'd guess it's around 8-8,2 kgs w/o pedals (don't quote me). So it's competive weight-wise with all the carbon stuff you race against...just think how retro-cool you'd look at your next crit pimpin' a full blown Ti racer :D NOTE: Leather fonzie jacket is NOT included with purchase

A

Anonymous

Steel4Ever said:
How's the suspension on that thing when it's loaded down with full keggers??? :S

Busy weekend, busy times in the brewhouse. My suspicion is correct, people DO drink more beer when the weather is warm...

The Transit is built on a truck body and so far it has taken some biggish loads well. When Beer Festival season is in full swing I'll know how she rides with humans, 5 - full kegs and assorted stuff.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
last weekend from the shelf

shc672-1.jpg

A

Anonymous

RDV4ROUBAIX said:
brewerjeff,

I'm currently in the process of selling off my 2 vehicles and very possibly consolidating to a Transit Connect. A couple questions; I see that the back seats in the wagon version can fold forward, but are they easy to remove if need be? What was your rational for getting the wagon instead of the cargo version for your biz, wouldn't the cargo have made more sense in your case? MPG says 22 cty/25 hwy, but what's your actual when loaded? What's the difference between XL and XLT versions? Impossible to find the difference on the Ford site for some reason.

Roger: Usual appologies for slow reply:
1 seats do not come out, the H Element do come out.
2 For beer gigs I have to haul people in addition to kegs, dollies, etc. I need the seating of the wagon version.
3 Have not had full / extremely heavy loads yet. So far mileage as advertised.
4 XL XLT differences. Not a lot, rear door window? Best to check one out at a dealer. The salesman kept saying, "There aren't many options"
5 Net net: its a light duty commercial truck, intended for urban environments. Bed is on the short side so 8' dimension building materials won't fit inside. This is not a one size fits all. Know what you want, see if it will do that.
6 Wife likes that it can haul lots and lots of supplies and there is a certain "head turning cool factor".

TeamSkyFans said:
a helmet camera :D

I thought last night I could do with one of those. Funnily enough that thought came about 2 seconds after a stupid bee-atch in a Seat Leon from the opposite direction turned right, across me, without indicating and missing me by a matter of inches while doing her make-up. If I'd had a camera I'd be straight down to see the po-leece.

A

Anonymous

Roland Rat said:
I thought last night I could do with one of those. Funnily enough that thought came about 2 seconds after a stupid bee-atch in a Seat Leon from the opposite direction turned right, across me, without indicating and missing me by a matter of inches while doing her make-up. If I'd had a camera I'd be straight down to see the po-leece.

could have done with one today.. three times idiots cut accross me at juntions as i was going across with traffic flow. What i need one that is voice activated to start recording ten seconds before i shout the words "you daft runt"

just picked up a very cheap md80, genuine, but still cheap.. will take a couple of test recordings with it once it arrives and feedback what the quality is like etc, but for the money (basically nothing) the reports have been good, but im not expecting too much. enough to record idiot drivers, and at only 50g small enough to leave on the bike for occasioanl recording of scenic things

With two hours recording time, i am tempted just to put it on every single time i go around town.

edit: just arrived:
113379993-9e2375e8ece552c704cc102babfe0fd5.4c10c5b0-scaled.jpg

will give it a bash later see how it works

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
silica pump

1970's light blue silica frame pump for my track bike.
wish i could figure out how to get jpg images up and i would show it.
my avatar i am straddling between it.

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
test recording... not lined up on my helmet right yet.. might mount it to the bike with some 3m...

records ok though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62kTHVOWYZQ

and another sample.. camera in slightly better position now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_jH-NTozow
still think it might need putting on the frame

The video was cool. I hope you have better riding conditions than what I saw in the video. The roads are a bit narrow and with no shoulder and the amout of cars, wow i wish you well.

But that seems like a decent camera. Thanks for sharing....

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
test recording... not lined up on my helmet right yet.. might mount it to the bike with some 3m...

records ok though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62kTHVOWYZQ

and another sample.. camera in slightly better position now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_jH-NTozow
still think it might need putting on the frame

On test recording 1, did you speed up the video at all? At the beginning you are walking towards the bike and in a matter of milliseconds, your on it and then we hear the two clicks of cleats in pedals in rapid succession. That's the quickest clip in I've ever seen.

Video is pretty good quality.

A

Anonymous

Road Hazard said:
On test recording 1, did you speed up the video at all? At the beginning you are walking towards the bike and in a matter of milliseconds, your on it and then we hear the two clicks of cleats in pedals in rapid succession. That's the quickest clip in I've ever seen.

Video is pretty good quality.

not sped up.. spd's

May 6, 2009
Visit site
nowhereman said:
2 pairs of Quickstep socks and a pair of Quickstep gloves to go with the QSI kit I have no right to wear:D:D

Nothing wrong with that. I have worn it when I have ridden in France and everybody thinks I'm Tom Boonen. I'm not joking, that has actually happened with people shouting his name out whilst I ride.