• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What have you bought for yorself lately?

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
a gift for myself

I am also not fond of buying things but recently I bought a new laptop for myself :D Actually, I buy things when it's really necessary. I was just using our family laptop before but for now I bought one for myself for my personal use because I just need it at work.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
One of these:

10_FELT_BROUGHAM_BLACK(1).jpg

Felt Brougham.

My 1st fixed/ss. Well, since I was about 8!
Not bad so far. Geometry took a bit of getting used to.
Swapped pedals out for my clipless.
Looking for new bars, too.
Blew out a tire today.
Will have to invest in some quality rubber.

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Sh!t, I am so jealous. I'm in a rebuilding phase so I have absolutely no extra cash.

I did recently purchase some tubes and CO2 containers to get me through some rides. Looking to purchase some new bibs when I get some dough!

janus1969 said:
So, I've been unemployed for roughly 9 months, though things are decidedly looking up and my bike commute to work might actually begin again!

As a celebration for "found" money, I got myself the following this past 24 hours:

Lamy Vista fine nib (with converter)

and a

Waterman blue Kultur demonstrator fine nib (going to make it an eyedropper)

I really like demo-style fountain pens and I lost my last blue Kultur and I figured I'd try the Lamy because it's become a serious cult pen amongst the cheap and cheerful crowd...

Very cool to know there's another pen person in the forums. Some of mine (in a home-made case that I'm rather fond of):

pens+with+mare.jpg

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Lately?

An enormous bottle of Nyquil and a King Kong sized box of Kleenex.

Any more of this cold and I'll soon be buying my own funeral... that ought to make a fantastic post. I promise I'll post pics.

A

Anonymous

35lhvya.jpg

A foamer! Any chemicals you want to spray come out as a white foam, and cling to the surface, walls ceilings etc. Fun stuff if you have a brewery.

A

Anonymous

2 tubs of energy powder, 1 tub of hydro powder, 1 tub of recovery powder, 1 tub of peptides, 3 gels, 3 energy bars, 15 flapjacks, and a couple of bottles. £50.. bargain :D

next on the list is some overshoes

A

Anonymous

Susan Westemeyer said:
A bunch of cds, which I am now putting on my laptop so they can go on the Ipod -- JOan Baez, Johnny Cash, Simon & Garfunkel, and The Boss.

Susan

Was the last one free when you bought three decent cds :D you were doing well up till that point.

TRENDING THREADS