• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What is best to measure heart rate?

No problem. I should have also said that a chest strap is independent of any other equipment, a helmet monitor either ties you to that brand/one it'll retrofit to if you can remove it or has to be replaced when the helmet is, means you can't wear different helmets, has a much lower battery life etc. For me personally, the simplicity over the chest strap would be outweighed by having to remember to charge the thing.

Reactions: jmdirt
May 22, 2022
Visit site
My choice is also the chest strap. It's the most popular, reliable, durable, and affordable. But it could make it difficult for obese people (BMI over 30) and women.

Reactions: Andre
May 28, 2022
Visit site
I have a Polar H10 chest strap and a Polar Verity Sense which fits on the arm.

Having done a few running and cycling comparisons the Verity Sense performs well against the H10 and has become my default choice, particularly during running, where I find chest straps too restrictive.

Oct 31, 2022
Visit site
I bought myself the latest Apple Watch. Very satisfied! In addition to the heart rate, you will receive the blood oxygen saturation level and many additional bonuses

TRENDING THREADS