• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What is the end game??

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
I'm sorry. You seem to have misread my post directed at you in your question to buckwheat where you asked the question:

I did not realize that you did not want someone to answer your question, or that others could not answer a question you posted.

'Cobblestoned'? Nah, its simple really - it never takes long before they cry persecution or resort to 'ad hominem', probably the next step is to open a separate account and start posting on that one.

Again, no need to thank me, you are very very welcome.

Very nice and balanced handling here.
Offtopic provocation still there - my harmless and nice reaction deleted, because of offtopic and i got a infraction for offtopic here.
Lol
Just read fast, before it is deleted again.
I just don´t wonder anymore about things going on here. No more open questions.

Is this really the way you Admins/Mods want to push through. Very onesided and selected.

Mornig, Chris ! Morning Dottore ! :D

dbrower said:
Ted Kennedy NEVER almost became president. Otherwise, you are close.

-dB

1980. I guess the definition of almost is different for everybody, but in my opinion he did almost become president in 1980, taking the fight to the convention. Cant remember were that was other than that Carter reffered to Hubert Humphrey as Horatio Hornblower, lol idiot. Or to put it another way he was for much of 1984 in the final 3. That is almost becoming president.

After 1980 Kennedy was provisional frontrunner. He could have run in either 1984 or 1988 and won the democratic nomination. Had far more support than either Mondale or Dukakis. Could be argued that he could have run in 92 as well.

So he did almost become president.

Cobblestoned said:
This is offtopic. Just warned you.
Possible that you get an infraction for that ! :D

I suppose i could make the case that since this thread is about Lance it is not off topic. I say that bearing in mind the possible future endevours of Lance Armstrong. Now if being responsible for the death of a young woman barely stopped Teddy, I dont see how links to doping will stop Lance.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Very nice and balanced handling here.
Offtopic provocation still there - my harmless and nice reaction deleted, because of offtopic and i got a infraction for offtopic here.
Lol
Just read fast, before it is deleted again.
I just don´t wonder anymore about things going on here. No more open questions.

Is this really the way you Admins/Mods want to push through. Very onesided and selected.

Mornig, Chris ! Morning Dottore ! :D

Thanks.

I thought the line -"it never takes long before they cry persecution or resort to 'ad hominem' " - was apt.
You must have missed that a number of my posts were deleted to - although this does not suit the "onesided and 'selected'" point you are trying to make.

So you don't get in trouble for continuing to go 'off topic' perhaps you should go and have a whine on the Moderators thread?

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Thanks.

I thought the line -"it never takes long before they cry persecution or resort to 'ad hominem' " - was apt.
You must have missed that a number of my posts were deleted to - although this does not suit the "onesided and 'selected'" point you are trying to make.

So you don't get in trouble for continuing to go 'off topic' perhaps you should go and have a whine on the Moderators thread?

Dr. Maserati said:
I'm sorry. You seem to have misread my post directed at you in your question to buckwheat where you asked the question:

I did not realize that you did not want someone to answer your question, or that others could not answer a question you posted.

'Cobblestoned'? Nah, its simple really - it never takes long before they cry persecution or resort to 'ad hominem', probably the next step is to open a separate account and start posting on that one.

Again, no need to thank me, you are very very welcome.

No offtopic and no provocation ? Should have been noticed while reading and deleting my following, nice and honest reaction, but no one did. Strange !?!
Isn´t 1/4 of all posts/users generally offtopic ?

So no more offtopic now. Wish you luck with YOUR points-account and have a nice day. :D

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey ChrisE, you make the argument that "all the other top competitors were equally jacked", etc.

Actually, I think this is incorrect. There was not one magic pill that could be popped by everyone, and voila -- level-playing field. I believe there was a great deal of competitive advantage to had in the area of medical expertise, logistics, finances, etc. I would be hard to argue that LA had the upperhand in all these areas. Didn't he have an "exclusive" arrangement w/ Ferrari, vis-a-vis the other Tour contenders?

Also, did you ever see what a guy like THamilton was on....a mixed bag of EPO, transfusions/double transfusions, anabolics, estrogen, testosterone, etc. This was expensive complicated stuff. Not "all the other" riders could afford such an endeavor. As such, your argument is completely void.

Factor in the rumoured "notification" relationship Postal/LA seemed to have w/ the UCI (Landis: "we always knew when the testers were coming").... that is a HUGE advantage. Obviously.

So let's not kid ourselves that "LA was just doing the same as all the other big boys"... As Patty McQuaid himself admitted, no other rider IN HISTORY has ever made "donations" the the UCI. That distinction alone belongs to the man in the black tube socks :(