• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What Phone are you using?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
HTC Wildfire S (I think it's called HTC Marvel in US).
Best quality possible for that price.

But I rather wonder: what do most of you guys pay for the usage? I pay 15 euros monthly for 2gig of data an 2000 texts per month for free, 1h call every day to same mobile company users, the 15 euro itself I use for calling, which is quite expensive with 20 cents/minute, but that's not really a problem, since i'm more of a 'texter'

here in portugal, the cheapest contract available is 15 euros:

-100 minutes or messages to any carrier
-600mb

+- 100euros off the new iPhone.

that's why people still buy iPhones contract free, and that's why we see more android phone (low end) here. people in portugal do not trust apple (besides those that have a degree, etc) but they trust their microwave brand.

so samsung for everyone :) lol

May 27, 2010
Visit site
39.90 SGD=24.9156 EUR
thats how much my plan costs and I converted it into euros.
it has free incoming calls and caller ID
100 min outgoing calls
12 GB data usage
550 texts but unlimited texts for students.
However I mostly use this great app called whatsapp for texting and its totally free all you need is internet connection.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
39.90 SGD=24.9156 EUR
thats how much my plan costs and I converted it into euros.
it has free incoming calls and caller ID
100 min outgoing calls
12 GB data usage
However I mostly use this great app called whatsapp for texting and its totally free all you need is internet connection.

are you serious? i kept watching and the contracts to high end android phones are = to the iPhone (here, portugal).

it's outrageous! let's not forget that 80% of our workers earn less than 550euros per month (!) and all we got is 100min/sms and 600mb!

I hate this country.. i really do. it's funny (not it isn't) that when 4g contracts came, all prices between carriers were the same.. all outrageous.

no one does something useful.
--
buffalo,

it's very funny, actually. samsung said that they sold 50 (or 40?can't remember) million galaxy s line devices to date and some studies say that at least 10 million were in korea alone. you can bet that between portugal, spain and france another 10 million were sold. why? your microwave still works, so the phone must be good! that's our mentality.

sammy is a real dark company, dare i say the most corrupt company in the world?

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
I don't trust Apple. Don't like their (non existing) fair trade and ecology policy. Google is doing a much better job in that.

Don't know about samsung though.

dlwssonic said:
39.90 sgd=24.9156 eur
thats how much my plan costs and i converted it into euros.
It has free incoming calls and caller id
100 min outgoing calls
12 gb data usage
However i mostly use this great app called whatsapp for texting and its totally free all you need is internet connection.

********* 12 gb?!?!

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
I don't trust Apple. Don't like their (non existing) fair trade and ecology policy. Google is doing a much better job in that.

Don't know about samsung though.

what do you mean? don't they have an amazing policies with all of their products? or are you talking about foxconn and samsung (companies that every tech company uses, besides google (google builds 0, anyway))?

Buffalo Soldier said:
It's almost impossible to use all of my 2gb, lol

how's that? you can then tether your connection to your pc/mac, you can watch a few videos or streaming events and boom... there it goes.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
HTC EVO 4G LTE is the phone I use now..I had the original EVO 4G till last month then upgraded. It has dual core 1.5 ghz, and I put a 32gig card in it. Unlimited data plan from Sprint, runs me about $95 a month, with the insurance and other things I have on the plan.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
c&cfan said:
what do you mean? don't they have an amazing policies with all of their products? or are you talking about foxconn and samsung (companies that every tech company uses, besides google (google builds 0, anyway))?
Apple has a clean image, but that doesnt refelect in their actual policies. It's true it has improved since several complaints against them. But there's still a lot of work to do.
It's especially the things that came to light about the worker rights in low cost countries that bother me.
I know a lot of companies are not better at this, but it's their perfect image that's totally inconsistent with the reality that bothers me...

c&cfan said:
how's that? you can then tether your connection to your pc/mac, you can watch a few videos or streaming events and boom... there it goes.
well, I use the 'normal' internet for that? There's wifi everywhere anyway...

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
Apple has a clean image, but that doesnt refelect in their actual policies. It's true it has improved since several complaints against them. But there's still a lot of work to do.
It's especially the things that came to light about the worker rights in low cost countries that bother me.
I know a lot of companies are not better at this, but it's their perfect image that's totally inconsistent with the reality that bothers me...

well, I use the 'normal' internet for that? There's wifi everywhere anyway...

not here :)

about apple, they shouldn't even be bothered with it. they go to foxconn and say: with want A and B before X. and that's it. it is a foxconn problem, not an apple problem, so they(foxcon) and china are the ones that must deal with it, together with human rights entities. it is a shame because since they are so big, everyone demands everything for them, even if it isn't their business. remember the xBox line at foxconn? all of them said that they would kill themselves. since apple stock price got over 400$, no one remembers that.

it's an world full of hypocrites. you use a HTC or a samsung, right? how can you do it? they are even worse than fox con, especially samsung.

Swede1 said:
Is anyone else thinking of getting the samsung galaxy s3? Im not sure if I should get that or wait for the iphone 5.

it's pretty easy. if you can, wait. if you want the s3 go for it.
I just read something at Cnet regarding the fact that the s3 is so much more fragile against the iPhone (dropping tests,etc) than, for example, the s2. and it's specs "advantage" are useless, unless you really want a huge screen. if that's the case, go for it.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
I use HTC. Don't know a lot about their social policy (of course they're less documented/controlled than Apple), but I prefer Android over Mac(how do you call the OS iphone?), just like I prefer Linux over Windows or Mac...