• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What should Lancy-boy's punishment be?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
hrotha said:
As long as he speaks out about what was going on in the 90s and 00s and cooperates to fight doping once busted, I'll have no problem with Armstrong and he won't deserve any special punishment for his doping.

Now the fraud thing might be different, but that's not proven yet.

Agreed, if he tells all right from starting doping as a scrawny teenager then he'll get enough punishment from the press/public with regards to the doping. He won't though, as that would be admitting his entire career was a fraud.

What I would like to see is if the US have some kind of "Proceeds of Crime Act" whereby they can take all assets gained as a result of criminal activity, and he eventually goes back to living the life he should have led, i.e. trailer trash working a 9-5 in some factory somewhere (think Eminem in that film he did), doing steriods at the local gym and getting into fights on Saturday night.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Roland Rat said:
Agreed, if he tells all right from starting doping as a scrawny teenager then he'll get enough punishment from the press/public with regards to the doping. He won't though, as that would be admitting his entire career was a fraud.

What I would like to see is if the US have some kind of "Proceeds of Crime Act" whereby they can take all assets gained as a result of criminal activity, and he eventually goes back to living the life he should have led, i.e. trailer trash working a 9-5 in some factory somewhere (think Eminem in that film he did), doing steriods at the local gym and getting into fights on Saturday night.

Brush up on your RICO sanctions. They freeze and seize assets.

I think all of the above.

Action off the other nut, and send the first $1 collected to livestrong.org
Any higher bids, to a respected non-cancer charity. Maybe something for kids from disgraced parents.

The all-telling book and movie, of course, royalties being for the TdF riders Lance himself presumes were (irritatingly) clean while he doped.

Public apologies to Greg et all, of course.

All the punishments The Clinic can think off, or off to a long sentence in jail where they still have the good old mandatory mass shower sessions without perverted guards keeping an eye. I bet he can impress some 300lb real muscle boys with this one nut. He'll quickly make intimate friends.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
L29205 said:
Fix Mike Anderson's bikes and give Emma O'Reilly messages for the rest of his life. ;)

No thanks. I'd rather they work properly.
You'll have to ask Emma about the messages. Chances are that she'll prefer messages over massages.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
TexPat said:
No thanks. I'd rather they work properly.
You'll have to ask Emma about the messages. Chances are that she'll prefer messages over massages.

DOH, I hate it when I use the wrong word.

And I figured you would prefer them to work.

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
Crash to Bail

I don't know where to post this, but a remark I read has me wondering how often crashing to bail occurs?

I can remember of a couple of times I wish I had had a button that would have given me a flat in a few gnarly races I've been in.

TRENDING THREADS