• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What team would Purito fit into to make it a Tour winning team?

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I can only think of 3 that could possible support Purito Rabobank and vacansoleil and Euskaltel. Argos Shimano deffinatly won't beable to support him in the mountains and i don't think Orica can either really.

Discuss.

Samuel Sanchez said he would ride the Giro and Vuelta. If so Euskaltel would be perfect.

Allthough ofcourse not nearly as strong as Katusha, but I just don't see him going to Blanco.
Vacans.. well might as well be possible.

I expect him to stay at Katusha no matter what though.

BMC could be a good match for him, taking over from Cadel.

Garmin-Sharp - could ride as a joint leader with Hejesdal

Lotto-Bellisool -> joint leader again with Van-de-Broeck

AGR2 Mondial and Liquigas also are prospects replacing ROche or Nibali respectively.

Then he could join Nibali at Astana - joint leadership (especially if Nibali does Giro)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
HiCadence said:
I can only think of 3 that could possible support Purito Rabobank and vacansoleil and Euskaltel. Argos Shimano deffinatly won't beable to support him in the mountains and i don't think Orica can either really.

Discuss.

none, as purito will never win the tour, no matter what team

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Cancellator said:
What, and demote "super-rider" Fuglsang to lieutenant duties again? :D Would be funny to see.

Oh it's true Fuglsang was going to be Astana leader at TdF.:eek: I don't know who is his agent but he deserves the award "agent of the year".

My bet it's Astana too, Purito demands big $

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Would a move back to Movistar be a possibility, ok they have Valverde but Purito would have excellent support in the mountains with Quintana and Smydt to set the pace.

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
hayzer114 said:
Would a move back to Movistar be a possibility, ok they have Valverde but Purito would have excellent support in the mountains with Quintana and Smydt to set the pace.

If Valverde wants to focus on something else yes most certainly a possibility.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
If Euskaltel have that kind of money then why did they buy such mediocre cyclists?

Why on earth would he want to be in the same team as Valverde? I guess as a last resort...

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
hayzer114 said:

no, they don't want him.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's too late for Rodriguez to make successful transfer now.
Besides that, he's too ambitious IMO. The Tour is out of his reach.
I'm afraid he could end in clinic if he doesn't restrain himself.

TRENDING THREADS