• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What will Astana ride on?

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Astana has to make a decision about bikes for next year soon.

Let's see who definetely won't be Astana's bikes sponsor:

Pinarello - Movistar (?) and Sky
Trek - RShak and Shlek's team
BMC has got own team
Cervelo - now with Garmin

It is rumoured that Eddy Merckx could provide bikes for Astana next year. But who else could sign with Astana? Felt? BH? Bianchi?

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
KazakhNeRider said:

BMC has got own team

It is rumoured that Eddy Merckx could provide bikes for Astana next year. But who else could sign with Astana? Felt? BH? Bianchi?

Specialized?

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
KazakhNeRider said:

BMC has got own team

What makes you think they won't be riding specialized again?

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:
Or will McEwen move to Fly V Australia and take Ridley with him?

Cheers
Greg Johnson

indeed. but call me stupid if you want to (it's ok, plenty do :), i'd rather be on Fly V's current De Rosa.

I heard they are riding these next year........Click Here:D <---------probably not the best for work

But in all seriousness......they could be on anything but as someone already said Felt or Ridley seem logical if they want to stay in the protour game. But i would really like to see a PT team riding a Parlee or Argon

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Somebody mentioned Parlee or Argon. Parlee being more boutique-like, do they have the funds or interest to get into the PT game?

Not sure on Argon, but they are European so maybe more likely.

All things considered it would be cool to see a lesser-known out there with the big boys....

flyor64 said:
What's internet the forum equivalent of the "da.da.dunt...chi" drum and cymbal routine after this one???

It'd be a bit odd to discuss bike choices for the team in The Clinic dontcha think?

Somebody mentioned Parlee or Argon. Parlee being more boutique-like, do they have the funds or interest to get into the PT game?

Not sure on Argon, but they are European so maybe more likely.

All things considered it would be cool to see a lesser-known out there with the big boys....

That was me, but i was suggesting what I would like to see them ride. Although Parlee did sponsor Fly V before they changed to De Rosa this season.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Felt only got the news about Garmin & Cervelo recently, but they want to stay in racing. Maybe Vino should give them a call, or pop over to Eurobike?

Soon enough I found Bill working the crowd and when I pulled him aside to ask about their racing plans, he made the point in his own determined and inimitable style – “As long as Jim and I are breathing, we’ll be racing!”
Bill went on to say that due to the late season change, they were a bit short on time this year to make anything happen, but happen it would he assured me.

http://www.roadbikeaction.com/Tech-Features/content/67/3586/EuroBike-Report,-Part-1.html

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
There was, some time ago, a rumor of Raleigh getting back into it... The big companies like Specialized or Giant could always take on another, though. My guess: Bianchi.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
drb716 said:
There was, some time ago, a rumor of Raleigh getting back into it... The big companies like Specialized or Giant could always take on another, though. My guess: Bianchi.

That would be my guess as well. But Argon wouldn't be bad.

Personally I'd like to see Vino witch it up Hogwarts and Harry Potter style and ride a broom stick just to rub it in to the cynics.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
I found this picture of Vino and Tiralongo out training, looks like Strider will be the new supplier.

Strider_Riders_Hills.jpg

Don't know how they'll go with the UCI though, 3.1kgs and there'll be issues with the seat being directly over the bottom bracket....

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
badboyberty said:
I found this picture of Vino and Tiralongo out training, looks like Strider will be the new supplier.

Don't know how they'll go with the UCI though, 3.1kgs and there'll be issues with the seat being directly over the bottom bracket....

I'm afraid there's no bottom bracket at all! But any way 3.1 kg sounds tempting!

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
as we heard Astana still hopes to continue cooperation with Specialized for 2011. But two-three more companies in touch if Specials prefers to focus only on Rijs and Contador

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
sherer said:
I was thinking maybe Merckx bikes as Eddie was over in Astana with Vino a few days ago. Seemed a bit of a give away to me.

Was there a story months ago saying that Kazakhstan wants a UCI race? Merckx is a special advisor to the Tour Of Qatar, so I thought he might be there helping out.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
Was there a story months ago saying that Kazakhstan wants a UCI race? Merckx is a special advisor to the Tour Of Qatar, so I thought he might be there helping out.

Ah didn't think of it like that. You could be right there.

TRENDING THREADS