what will be the top 10 in the vuelta

Jun 16, 2012
14
0
0
how do you think the top 10 will shape up in the vuelta

i personally think it will be something along the line of :

1 contador ( return of the king nuff said)
2 uran (best of the rest only one who can follow contador in the mountains)
3 gesink (yeah i said it i wont lose hope gesink will rise)
4 J.rodriguez ( i dont believe the hype he will not win)
5 schleck ( he is banged up other wise he would be second)
6 quintana (good **** too early he will have good and bad days)
7 kreuziger ( he will challenge but always has a bad day)
8 anton ( same as kreuziger hope euskatel wont lose too much time in TTT)
9 capecchi ( my suprise pick if he is aloud too right for him self why not)
10mollema (mollema well let everybody se it wasnt a fluck last year)

- froome tired from the tour
- cunego maybe 6 years ago :p
- pinot cant possibly ride 2 top 10 at 22 can he?
- de gendt wont ride for the win

so what do you guys think
 
Aug 6, 2009
1,901
0
0
I don't think Schleck will come in 5th. He doesn't seem to do top 10s, he does 2nd place or 50th place. My bet for this Vuelta is 50th place.

ETA: just checked 4 2nd (counting hte one who win after Contador tested positive) one 12 place and one WD. So the facts don't exactly support my statement, but i stand by it anyways :)
 
Sep 2, 2010
1,853
0
0
1. Bertie
2. Cobo
3. Froome (if he doesn't crash, he looks like the crashing sort)
4. Anton
5. Gesink
6. Purito
7. Caruso (liquigas' next GC hope)
8. JVDB
9. Uran
10.
 
May 1, 2012
166
0
0
cineteq said:
Plus Sky riders have the uncanny ability to peak all year long.
No need for that here.....

Froome will be fine, he said himself he felt better and better towards the end of the tour. He's my tip for the win.

Contador will be up there but a bit rusty and Saxo are no match for even a second tier Sky.

Schleck won't do anything, in the unlikely event he even turns up.

1. Froome
2. Rodriguez
3. Contador
4. JVDB
5. Cobo
 
Jul 25, 2010
372
0
0
I expect the podium will consist of Froome, Contador, Rodriquez. What order I don't know.

Is Nieve doing the Vuelta? I can see him top 5/10 with Anton.
 
Aug 18, 2009
4,993
1
0
Froome
Contador
Rodriguez
Kreuziger
Cobo
Gesink
Uran
De Gendt
Roche
Moreno

Without a huge amount of thought.
 
johnnycash said:
No need for that here.....

Froome will be fine, he said himself he felt better and better towards the end of the tour. He's my tip for the win.

Contador will be up there but a bit rusty and Saxo are no match for even a second tier Sky.

Schleck won't do anything, in the unlikely event he even turns up.

1. Froome
2. Rodriguez
3. Contador
4. JVDB
5. Cobo
Saxo doesn't need to match Sky.

1. Alberto
2. Purito
3. Froome
4. Quintana
5. Sanchez
6. JVDB
7. Anton
8. Mollema
9. Cobo
10. Gesink
 
Oct 29, 2009
357
0
0
1. Froome
2. Contador
3. Cobo
4. Purito
5. JVDB
6. Quintana
7. Gesink
8. Anton
9. Uran
10. Kreuziger
 
1. "the awesome ones" Vuelta 06 soul.
2.AC
3.Cobo
4.Sanchez (is he riding?)
5. Froomey
6.Mollema
7.Anton (loosing 8 min on the first flat stage after a fall)
8. Someone frome Movistar
9.JROd (did not manage to get another peak this year)
10. De gendt (did not manage to reach his Giro climbing potensial)

others:Kreuziger, Gesink, Moreno, Kash :)
 
Dec 27, 2010
6,674
0
0
Bit early but based on current startlist info:
1 Contador
2 Froome
3 Gesink
4 Vandenbroeck
5 Purito
6 Kreuziger
7 Cobo
8 Vanendert
9 Mollema
10 De Gendt
 
May 28, 2012
2,779
0
0
1. Contador (pure domination, winning the TT and all stages that Purito doesn't win)
2. Anton (Sanchez will fail miserably, and Anton will do well.)
3. Rodriguez (my favourite rider, he should win at least 3 stages)

4. Majka (the big surprise, after all he should be Contador's domestique)
5. Quintana (winning a stage after his leader Cobo gets dropped all the time)
6. Uran (he'll confirm a solid Giro, but won't be winning anything)
7. Froome (gets tired when they hit the 3rd week)
8. Monfort (totally unvisible the whole race, but eventually gets his top 10 spot)
9. Cobo (loses time on the first stages, but crawls back)
10. De Gendt (loses big amounts of time, but gets his top 10 via breakaways)
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,582
0
0
Antón is always mentioned as a podium candidate, but we all know that ain't gonna happen. Same with Gesink.

1. Contador
2. Froome
3. Quintana
4. Rodriguez
5. Cobo
6. De Gendt
7. Mollema
8. Uran
9. VDB
10. Antón
 
Jun 7, 2011
641
0
0
1) Contador (simply the best)
2) Froome (good, but by the third week is tired)
3) Cobo (good in the mountains, but loses time in first week and tt)
4) Gesink (not quite as good as ac, froome, and cobo in the climbs)
5) Purito (same as gesink, plus loses more time in tt)
6) Uran (working for froome, but is one of the strongest climbers in the race)
7) De Gendt (attacks a lot, but ends up losing time on the big mountain stages)
8) JVDB (tired from the tour)
9) Anton (good, but crashes and loses time)
10) Quintana (has too many bad days)
 
Feb 15, 2011
1,306
0
0
theyoungest said:
Antón is always mentioned as a podium candidate, but we all know that ain't gonna happen. Same with Gesink.

1. Contador
2. Froome
3. Quintana
4. Rodriguez
5. Cobo
6. De Gendt
7. Mollema
8. Uran
9. VDB
10. Antón
Quintana ahead of Purito? :eek:
 
Feb 15, 2011
1,306
0
0
1. Contador
2. Gesink (couldn't think of a good 2nd so threw him in here)
3. Purito
4. Froome
5. Anton
6. Quintana
7. Uran
8. Cobo
9. Nieve
10. De Gendt
 
Froome will win this by so far everyone else might be hors delais.

Why is there any speculation on where Mikel Nieve will finish? I would have thought that was as clear as the midday sun.

Mikel Nieve in GTs:
10th, 2010 Vuelta (was 12th, but García da Peña and Mosquera's DQs raise him up)
10th, 2011 Giro (was 11th, but Contador's removal raises him up)
10th, 2011 Vuelta
10th, 2012 Giro

In fact, if Mikel Nieve finishes anywhere below 10th, it is a clear sign that somebody above him (or more) will test positive and be removed from the results.
 
Feb 15, 2011
1,306
0
0
Libertine Seguros said:
Froome will win this by so far everyone else might be hors delais.

Why is there any speculation on where Mikel Nieve will finish? I would have thought that was as clear as the midday sun.

Mikel Nieve in GTs:
10th, 2010 Vuelta (was 12th, but García da Peña and Mosquera's DQs raise him up)
10th, 2011 Giro (was 11th, but Contador's removal raises him up)
10th, 2011 Vuelta
10th, 2012 Giro

In fact, if Mikel Nieve finishes anywhere below 10th, it is a clear sign that somebody above him (or more) will test positive and be removed from the results.
That is some consistency...
 
Feb 15, 2011
1,306
0
0
SafeBet said:
1) Berto
2) Mollema
3) JRO
4) Cobo
5) Uran
6) Gesink
7) De Gendt
8) Anton
9) Caruso D.
10) Nieve ( LB convinced me :D )


I'd like to put Gesink higher but can't trust him :(
He convinced me enough to put it in my signature.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY