what will be the top 10 in the vuelta

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 15, 2011
1,306
0
0
Museeuw said:
I know that Quintana is popular here (forum), but still too much love for him I think... Or then you know things that I don't.

Have you any news about Movistar? Cobo will be their man, but what is Pitis role?

And what is Quintanas role/target? Helping Cobo and Piti, KOM, stage win or GC top10-top15?
Cobo... I feel like the wisdom teeth thing has to be bs, like yeah that would suck, but how much of that is just trying to make it so people won't mark him?
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,821
0
0
Help me out with my fantasy cycling team, I've got 56 minutes before I can't update it. Henao or Quintana? Henao looked great at burgos but he will be riding for Froome, Quintana I think could get a top 10 and possibly a stage win but I think overall Henao could place better on the gc. Who should I go with?
 
Feb 15, 2011
1,306
0
0
Afrank said:
Help me out with my fantasy cycling team, I've got 56 minutes before I can't update it. Henao or Quintana? Henao looked great at burgos but he will be riding for Froome, Quintana I think could get a top 10 and possibly a stage win but I think overall Henao could place better on the gc. Who should I go with?
I would go with Quintana: he will most likely have more freedom to attack/breakaways (like Pinot this year) whereas Henao will be Sky's third rider. Froome/Uran will come first, so Henao won't likely have much freedom.
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,821
0
0
gustienordic said:
I would go with Quintana: he will most likely have more freedom to attack/breakaways (like Pinot this year) whereas Henao will be Sky's third rider. Froome/Uran will come first, so Henao won't likely have much freedom.
Plus Cobo looks in bad form, and Valverde is coming off the tour. If they can't perform Movistar could look towards Quintana for leadership.

Anybody else care to weigh in? 24 minutes left.
 
Henao is older so might be a safer bet for a gt, especially since he already has a top 10.

As for Henao being forced to work, he wont do **** before the mountains and since mountains is mostly mtf, it will be straight shootout anyhow. So what if eventually when theres only 15 riders left he has to ride in front of Froome and uran, probs wont be no pace setting anyhow.

Also i do think looking at burgos is a very good indicator. Last 3 years winner has been on podium. And other guys on the podium have also overperformed.
 
Sep 21, 2011
287
0
0
gustienordic said:
Cobo... I feel like the wisdom teeth thing has to be bs, like yeah that would suck, but how much of that is just trying to make it so people won't mark him?
I don't understand why there are so many riders with wisdom teeth problems (Shleck, Gilbert and now Cobo). Most people get them pulled out in their teenage years...
 
Contador
Froome
JROD
Cobo
Gesink
Anton
JVDB
De Gendt
Mollema
Porte/ Henao/ Uran- They all could be in there. Others who could round out the top 10 are Menchov, Quintana/ Valverde, Cunego, Majka/ Navarro,Roche and Landa?

Edit- Also Talansky.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY